View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #19
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Paul I used Titewad for my light loads, until I ran out and could only find Red Dot. Then had the word in at two gun shops, hold a jug for me out of the next shipment of Red Dot or Titewad. We don't get real cold weather often. Below freezing mid day couple of times a year at most. Could find some bloopers if I did shoot in cold weather.

Two days apart 8 lbs of Titewad 8 Lbs of Red Dot show up. I kept the Red Dot, sold the Titewad to a Parker club member just to keep from having to switch my loads again.

I like the 3/4 loads a lot however for my VH 30 inch which weigh's more prefer the 7/8 7 1/2 loads. One of the Clays courses near me has some very long targets. I shoot with a top level squad, (squad not me) who shoot O/U's, they all use 7/8 7 1/2 because of the targets distance.

Way I keep all of this straight is load 7/8 in Red AA's 3/4 in Grey AA's Green Remington Gun Clubs are all loaded with 1 oz 7 1/2's and a Polywad spreader, and a lighter powder charge, used for Rabbits only.

You could shoot any Clay's or Skeet course with a Parker using B&P Competition One's 7/8 # 8's But tailored to my guns is so much more fun.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Davis For Your Post: