View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #12
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,196 Times in 276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Harm View Post
Bill, thanks for the info. Man, you're really getting down there with some light loads - I had to reread your thread a couple of times to get it straight. What are you calling "close in targets" ?
Paul,

Close in targets such as Skeet station 8 are real close, station 1 and 2 and station 6 and 7 too. Clays easily to 20 yards.

That's the beauty of shooting a side by side, or O/U too, where you have a selection of chokes from each barrel. In my case I shoot a 12 gauge two trigger early A grade Fox with 28" barrels choked IC in the right barrel and Full in the left barrel. Just the ticket for clays and skeet.

I have never patterned those 0.5 and 0.6 ounce loads. I do know they work fine if I'm on target.

And doing the math, those 0.5 ounces of lead shot use 14 grains of Alliant Extra Lite powder which produces 500 rounds per pound of powder. 0.5 ounces of shot will get you 800 rounds per 25 pound bag of shot. (Don't call me cheap, frugal is a more polite word.)

Nice light recoil that is easy on me and my 108 year old Fox.

I hope to hear from Tom Armbrust soon to get the results on those 0.5 and 0.6 test loads I sent him. I will make it know here in case anyone is interested.

Gonna be shooting some of these loads at the NE S x S Classic next week at HHH in PA.

Tough part in these loads is finding EL powder.

Bill
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote