View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #68
Bach Melick
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, I finally got around to completely re-assembling (with the parts on hand) my Ithaca Crass from the bag of parts I had received. This forum and thread was instrumental in helping me first figure out which parts I was missing so I could order what was available from Numrich/Gun Parts Corporation and then subsequently figure out the function of each part and how to properly put together this puzzle! I am still missing the trip spring and trip pin because nobody has those available, so I've done what I can to this point. I can open and close the barrels, and it properly cocks both internal hammers upon opening the breech and sets the safety on safe; then upon closing, it locks properly as intended. I can then slide the safety forward and dry fire both triggers with 12 gauge dummy shells/snap caps in each barrel.

So now the question is whether it would ever be safe to actually fire this 117 year old Ithaca Crass SxS 12 gauge shotgun? And if so, then can anyone suggest any weaker 12 gauge recipes which I can load myself?
Bach Melick is offline   Reply With Quote