Meriden and Beyond...
Unread 01-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,414 Times in 12,423 Posts

Default Meriden and Beyond...

Left Andover very early this morning with plans to meet Mr. Suponski in Connecticut and visit the sad but proud remains of the Parker Bros Manufactory in Meriden. Our first stop of course, was the East Cemetery where Charles Parker and family are interned. Next we traveled a few miles into the next town to pay homage to Mr. Charles Alonzo King, inventor and author of a great many Parker Bros. patents as well as being the Superintendant of the Parker Bros. Gun Works for something like thirty years.

From these places Dave and I made our way to the home of Mr. John Hanson where we were treated to some wonderful hospitality as well as being given the the run of his gun room to faun over some great examples of Parker Bros. shotguns. I have added an album of John's fabulous Grade 2 Lifter 11 gauge with 28" barrels. Believe me when I say that these pictures do not bring out the true beauty of this outstanding gun. It was a very fulfilling and rewarding day and if John Hanson is reading this I say, once again "Thank you so much for your trust and your warm hospitality. I hope we can do it again soon."

Dave, after looking at the pictures, feel free to tell us what we're looking at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (400.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (253.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (460.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (474.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 014.JPG (472.4 KB, 19 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: