Thread: Lucky find
View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

You should be able to find the Winchester AA LR,LN in any of the larger sports stores. In southern Alberta I expect that Wholesale Sports or Bass Pro Shop in Calgary would have them. I've had an on and off urge to rattle up and take a nice whitetail buck with a Parker for a few years. No luck so far, but I've found the Remington managed recoil slugs to be fairly gentle. Nothing exciting about the ballistics compared to the smoking slugs that are out there, but 1200 fps and a 1 oz slug will work for as far as I would try to shoot without sights. I had to try several of my Parkers before I found one that shot them relatively accurately with both barrels fairly well regulated. They're made to work with full chokes and your 4/4 weight 2 frame barrels are fairly stout. My only concern would be how well the stock head is inletted. It looks like a replacement and glass bedding it to the receiver might be a good idea.
I just re-read your post, Matt. For some reason I read slugs rather than buckshot. I don't know about buckshot loads, but if there are some that are low/managed recoil I expect they would be fine.
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Brown For Your Post: