View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

mills thats the way to go hunting dont matter what the weather like just go hunting...i like to hunt when its raining and hopefully warm..those turkeys like to get in a shallow drainway and look for snails and other critters...im working on the old 8 bore as of today tighting it up a little more..i shot the shells i loaded up yesterday at 45 steps.. old gun holding up well hardly no recoil with even 70 grains of triple 7 powder...only thing wrong with my loadings is ive either got to split the wads im using and make pedals on them or use a wadding with no cup holder for the shot..i shot 3 times and not a hole in the target did i put...then i got a 50 lb empty dog food sack and shot it4 times all i had was 4 nice big holes in it...they would make good slug loads...i had trouble before useing these wads so will just cut the sides off it or switch to remington wads ... i do not see how all the shot is staying in that wad but it does...the no 6 shot is level with the top of the wad then iput a piece of tissue over the shot then use 2 real thin 10 ga over shot cards over the paper tissue then roll crimp the load...i could see how the shot was staying together thus making a slug load if the top wadsover the shot was going down in the plastik wadding but it cant because the shot ius to the top of the wad..has any of you had this problem before... mills hope you get that bird and you other boys... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote