Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AYA Question (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47120)

Ira Whitten 09-29-2026 02:50 PM

AYA Question
 
I just purchased an AYA 28ga made in 1977. Thoughts on shooting modern target loads through this gun? Or should I just stick to low pressure?

Harold Lee Pickens 09-29-2026 03:41 PM

1977 gun should have 2 3/4" chambers, modern ammo is fine( except for those new 3" shells)

Dean Romig 09-29-2026 04:46 PM

What Harold said.... 1977 is a modern gun and is made to accept modern loads!!





.

Ira Whitten 09-29-2026 06:47 PM

Excellent. Appreciate the info. Checked out the gun today. Weighs a little over 5lbs and locks up tight. Can’t wait to try it out.

Don Anderson 09-29-2026 08:04 PM

Do you have any pictures? I have a FAIR Iside basic 28 but I've been on the hunt for a more vintage gun. AYA, Ugartechea, etc. I had a old Stoeger / Victor Sarasqueta, but it just didn't fit. I handled an AYA #3 that was just what I wanted, but priced way above what I thought it should be.

Ira Whitten 09-29-2026 08:51 PM

Hi Don.

Here is the gun. https://vfiguns.com/product/aya-no-3...5lbs-4oz-wand/


Will post more pictures when I pick it up next week.

Garry L Gordon 09-30-2026 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ira Whitten (Post 453471)
Hi Don.

Here is the gun. https://vfiguns.com/product/aya-no-3...5lbs-4oz-wand/


Will post more pictures when I pick it up next week.

You will like that gun. I have two of the later 453s, both in 28 gauge, and they’ve been wonderful bird guns for me for many years.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org