Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   20 gauge 2 barrel set (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38926)

bob lyons 04-06-2023 06:53 PM

20 gauge 2 barrel set

Tough decision
I have been offered a new in the box Parker DHE 20 gauge 2 barrel set 26” and 28” with cases and snap caps. But single trigger which is not my favorite.
Very nice wood !
I have the a 20, 28 and a 12 all DHE.
Price is $6800. Seems to be be a little high and non negotiable at this time.
Opinions please.

bob lyons 04-06-2023 07:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some photos

Kevin McCormack 04-06-2023 07:34 PM

When I started collecting Parker Guns 55 years ago I was lucky enough to have had a longtime mentor who cautioned me, "Don't buy something you don't really want, because you'll never be truly happy with it." His words stood me in very good stead over time and to this very day.

allen newell 04-06-2023 08:04 PM

Bob, Reproductions have dramatically increased in value over the last few years. That price is pretty consistent with what I've been seeing on Guns International and other web sites.

Bill Murphy 04-06-2023 08:08 PM

I, personally, have never been tempted by a single trigger Repro. Just not my thing.

bob lyons 04-06-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 386400)
I, personally, have never been tempted by a single trigger Repro. Just not my thing.

I have one (single trigger) on my 12 gauge and had problems with it firing one one barrel.
Per advice on this Fourm I had it taken apart and cleaned. I had it for about 25 years but never shot it.
I’m assuming this one would require the same treatment.
Bob

Kenny Graft 04-07-2023 06:15 AM

What Kevin said.....A DT gun will show up for you, just be ready when it does! SXS Ohio

Terry Hobson 04-07-2023 07:55 PM

Double trigger would kill it for me. I had a beautiful 20 DHE that I had Carol(believe name is right) select for me at the warehouse for dark and highly figured wood. I kept it for a couple years. It weighed 6 lb 12 oz which I came to believe was too much for a 20 gauge bird gun. Might be alright for clays though. I do think as a general rule they weigh quite a bit for a 20.

Gerry Addison 04-08-2023 09:04 AM

If you are buying to keep it, then only buy the exact gun you are looking for. Never "settle" as you will always be still looking for the one you really want. Now if you are buying to resell then you are paying top dollar for this gun and would have to hold on to it for a while to make any money.

tom tutwiler 04-13-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Hobson (Post 386516)
Double trigger would kill it for me. I had a beautiful 20 DHE that I had Carol(believe name is right) select for me at the warehouse for dark and highly figured wood. I kept it for a couple years. It weighed 6 lb 12 oz which I came to believe was too much for a 20 gauge bird gun. Might be alright for clays though. I do think as a general rule they weigh quite a bit for a 20.

I had a straight grip Repro 20 gauge with double triggers and it also weighed 6 lb 12 oz. It just carried heavy and felt heavy. I sold it rather quickly. It has stunning walnut on it. Sold it to a Pa Grouse hunter who was apparently much stronger and who had better legs then I did.