Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Live Pigeon Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36769)

George Davis 07-03-2022 11:50 AM

Live Pigeon Guns

Yesterday drove to Big Timber and Grand Hotel to meet friend from Livingston Area for lunch and see several of his Live Pigeon Guns. He recently returned from World Shoot and is returning to Europe again in October for another shoot. He brought two B-25 Pigeon Brownings both are Midas Grand and one was double trigger built (I think in 2011) both with 30 inch barrels. The other gun is a Rizzoni side by side with 30 inch barrels with a custom order rib the kind I'd never seen. Please forgive me as I try and describe it, the rib narrows and sinks deeper between the barrels as it gets the closer to the muzzle. I have little knowledge concerning Italian Guns, he has ordered the second gun matching this one with double triggers.

Bill Murphy 07-03-2022 04:42 PM

When your friend offers these guns for sale, get back to us.

Bobby Cash 07-03-2022 07:39 PM

What are the attributes that make a B25 a live bird gun?

https://i.imgur.com/vAinvZ1.jpg

Long barrels?
Tight chokes?
Trap like patterns?
Modest weight versus target weight?
Field dimensions?

Please, do tell.

Ya, ya, I know.
It’s not Midas grade.

CraigThompson 07-03-2022 08:20 PM

My Peruvian buddy in NOVA tells me one is better with shorter barreled gun for Colombaire something from possibly 27-29 inches . The little I’ve seen of box birds it seems to me a 30-32 inch trap doubles gun would be fine . I’ve shot both with the same DH 32” 2 frame no safety gun . My Peruvian buddy also says M or even IC for the first barrel at Colombaire .

Ed Blake 07-03-2022 09:39 PM

An older friend of mine used a plain Jane 30”
Citori with the barrels worked on by Ken Eyrster. Said he won money at John Malloys in NC with that gun.

George Davis 07-03-2022 11:01 PM

His guns are all custom orders from the manufacture to his specifications.

CraigThompson 07-03-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Blake (Post 367117)
An older friend of mine used a plain Jane 30”
Citori with the barrels worked on by Ken Eyrster. Said he won money at John Malloys in NC with that gun.

Ed that wouldnt be a retired dentist that also lives in Manakin Sabot would it ?

Andrew Sacco 07-04-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 367115)
My Peruvian buddy in NOVA tells me one is better with shorter barreled gun for Colombaire something from possibly 27-29 inches . The little I’ve seen of box birds it seems to me a 30-32 inch trap doubles gun would be fine . I’ve shot both with the same DH 32” 2 frame no safety gun . My Peruvian buddy also says M or even IC for the first barrel at Colombaire .

This sounds like a Perezzi MX8 bunker gun (except there IS a safety). Flat shooting, 29.5" barrels, bottom with a choke tube top fixed F or XP. I have a hot ass for one of those. Saw one recently for sale and it was perfect and fit me, just didn't have that kind of cash in my front pocket...

CraigThompson 07-04-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 367133)
This sounds like a Perezzi MX8 bunker gun (except there IS a safety). Flat shooting, 29.5" barrels, bottom with a choke tube top fixed F or XP. I have a hot ass for one of those. Saw one recently for sale and it was perfect and fit me, just didn't have that kind of cash in my front pocket...

My Peruvian buddy also told me do not take a gun with a movable safety into a big shoot in Europe or South America and set it in the rack as one of your fellow competitors will move it . You need a gun with no safety be it from the factory that way or either removed or locked down .

Bill Murphy 07-04-2022 11:21 AM

That warning should go for any gun in any competitive event. The person moving the safety to the safe position is usually the airhead that owns the gun.