Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   All grown up (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36851)

Phillip Carr 07-13-2022 07:59 PM

All grown up

5 Attachment(s)
Got up at 3:45 AM to get out early enough to beat the heat. Due to a lot of reasons this was the first trip out to train the dogs since February. Took Scout my 10 year old and Ollie who is 2 1/2.
I could not have been more pleased. Scout hit the first Chucker and locked up. Ollie was about 80 yards out and was cutting across the wind. She spotted Scout and locked up still out about 20 yards, honoring his point. Shot the bird and Ollie retrieved it.
Nex bird Ollie made a beautiful point and Scout came in and backed. 3 rd bird was a repeat of the first. Last bird was no longer sitting and busted when Ollie cut across the wind and bird popped before Ollie hit the scent. Ollie spun to start to chase, I hollered whoa and she stopped and watched the bird fly over the hill.
Back to the truck by 7:00 AM before it got crazy hot.
. What a great day.

David Noble 07-13-2022 08:27 PM

Now that was a good time! The dogs seem sharp as a tack despite the time since their last outing.

Garry L Gordon 07-13-2022 08:53 PM

Great photos that not only feature your pups, but also give a sense of place. Far too much thick, greenery here. We’ll get out when the mornings begin to cool and the humidity begins to wane in late August.

Those are some fine looking dogs!

Mills Morrison 07-13-2022 09:36 PM

Great pics

Phillip Carr 07-13-2022 10:00 PM

Thanks guys. Things are still a little brown, we have not got the rains so far that we have
hoped for.
I was afraid that I would have a tough day with the dogs having neglected the training for so long.
I was hopeful when I loaded the dogs in the dark this morning. Brought Scout out on a leash and Ollie followed me out. Scout did what he has done since a pup and that was to stand on his hind legs and put his paws on the open tailgate waiting to get a boost up. As soon as Scout went into his dog box Ollie came up and placed her paws on the tailgate and looked at me like come on dad give me a lift, LOL. The older I get the more I appreciate how smart our dogs are.

Joe Dreisch 07-13-2022 10:06 PM

Great intensity demonstrated in these pictures and to have dogs honoring each other's point is a blessing, indeed. Love the 12 o'clock tails!!

Garry L Gordon 07-13-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Carr (Post 367716)
Thanks guys. Things are still a little brown, we have not got the rains so far that we have
hoped for.
I was afraid that I would have a tough day with the dogs having neglected the training for so long.
I was hopeful when I loaded the dogs in the dark this morning. Brought Scout out on a leash and Ollie followed me out. Scout did what he has done since a pup and that was to stand on his hind legs and put his paws on the open tailgate waiting to get a boost up. As soon as Scout went into his dog box Ollie came up and placed her paws on the tailgate and looked at me like come on dad give me a lift, LOL. The older I get the more I appreciate how smart our dogs are.

Phil, you are so right about how smart our dogs are.

Dean Romig 07-14-2022 02:33 PM

A classic point in that second picture Phil!