Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stock duplication (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40960)

Phillip Carr 01-17-2024 07:34 AM

Stock duplication

I have a Remington model 11 grade 6 that I would like to restock.
I would like recommendations for someone to run out a blank for me.
Feel free to respond here or PM me.
Thanks Phil

John Dallas 01-17-2024 07:37 AM

Where's Fajen's when you need them?

Brian Dudley 01-17-2024 07:40 AM

Phil,

When I have done model 11s or A5s, I have done the buttstocks here. And I have had donnie at Show Me do the forends. I do not have the capability to efficiently bore out a forend like that. The ones that he has done for me have been great.

,brian

Phillip Carr 01-17-2024 08:41 AM

I am not replacing the forend as its absolutely beautiful. I have a nice blank that will match up very nicely. Looking at the forend Brian I can see why this requires some special tooling.

David Holes 01-17-2024 09:31 AM

Donnie is your guy

Mike Koneski 01-17-2024 09:42 AM

Custom Stocks and Steel, Dan Rositter, Sr.

Harry Gietler 01-18-2024 08:55 AM

Why Haven't you guys recommended Member Brian Dudley? I have seen
Auto-5s He restocked and they looked great.

Harry

tom tutwiler 01-30-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Gietler (Post 403501)
Why Haven't you guys recommended Member Brian Dudley? I have seen
Auto-5s He restocked and they looked great.

Harry

I'm not sure Brian owns a duplicator. I could certainly be wrong. The others recommended certainly do. I think that's what the poster was looking for.

Brian Dudley 01-30-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom tutwiler (Post 404351)
I'm not sure Brian owns a duplicator. I could certainly be wrong. The others recommended certainly do. I think that's what the poster was looking for.

I do. I have for 10 years. Though I am not really in the business of duplicating stocks for sale. There are a few people that I have done it for. But it is not the norm.

Samuel Gross 02-24-2024 01:07 PM

Dunlap woodcrafts in Chantilly, VA. Call and talk to Danny. They have a website, but you should call if you want anything. He can select a blank for you, and their prices for blanks are much better than you will find on the general internet. Mr. Dunlap is old now and spends his time traveling looking for wood. He gave all his stock patterns to a carver in PA. If you send your stock to Dunlap, they will have the carver duplicate the profile for you. I have never used this service, but have purchased a few full length rifle stocks (krags and Springfields) that have always been spot on and good quality. It just takes time to get. good American walnut heartwood is rare these days, and very expensive. But Dunlap is worth the wait. There is material carefully left in the patterns for final fitting. None of the cheap "drop in ready" things that fits like a paper bag.