Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fall Southern Side by Side Classic (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37266)

Tom Pellegrini 09-06-2022 02:44 PM

Fall Southern Side by Side Classic

Just a reminder that the Fall Southern Side by Side Classic is coming up. It will be October 21st, 22nd, and 23rd at Backwoods Quail Club.
I know a number of you here are going to bird hunting at that time. Just another reminder, you can also combine a bird hunt and attend the Fall Southern. Backwoods offers quail hunts and Pheasant tower shoots. I know most are going to their traditional bird hunting haunts. This is just an idea thrown out there if someone wants to have a different memorable outing and also enjoy some very enjoyable clay shooting.
One thing I forgot to add. The Spring Southern is a joint effort of two fine gentlemen, Ed Strickland and Rick Hemmingway. Some of you on the forum might know Rick Hemmingway, the owner of Backwoods Quail Club. It seems the PGCA is all about the Spring Southern and does not care to be involved any way with the Fall Southern. I just cannot understand this.

Mills Morrison 09-06-2022 02:54 PM

The Fall Southern is a great event, because it is small and the shooting is great. You get to actually visit with people due to the small size and no lines for the shooting.

We're a maybe at this point due to other stuff going on, but I encourage anyone who can make it to go

Mike Koneski 09-06-2022 04:15 PM

We'll be there in 2023!! Been away from the Fall SxS for too long!

CraigThompson 09-14-2022 02:13 AM

I’d talked myself outta going this year but an enabler friend was talking to me on the phone tonight and now I’m on the fence !

CraigThompson 09-14-2022 02:15 AM

Tom if I decide to come this year you wanna meet me on Wednesday for a practice round like last year ?

CraigThompson 09-14-2022 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 371302)
We'll be there in 2023!! Been away from the Fall SxS for too long!

Clay birds are a heck of a lot easier to clean than grouse but they sure don’t taste as good :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Mike Koneski 09-14-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 371897)
Clay birds are a heck of a lot easier to clean than grouse but they sure don’t taste as good :rotf::rotf::rotf:

I'm 100% in accordance with you Craig! Plus there's no bag limit.

Tom Pellegrini 09-14-2022 06:33 PM

Practice

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 371896)
Tom if I decide to come this year you wanna meet me on Wednesday for a practice round like last year ?

All you have to do is let me know when and I'll be there.

CraigThompson 09-14-2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini (Post 371947)
All you have to do is let me know when and I'll be there.

If I don’t talk myself out of going I’ll plan on being down there around lunch time so I can get some fried chicken at the place at the entrance to Backwoods on Wednesday . So we can fatten up , shoot and hopefully I can get checked in where ever I make reservations and be down on the waterfront for dinner by 19:30 :whistle: I’ve said it before and will continue to say “The shooting is nice but it’s all about the FOOD” :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Stan Hillis 09-14-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson
I’ll plan on being down there around lunch time so I can get some fried chicken at the place at the entrance to Backwoods on Wednesday .

Mingo's