Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New and looking for help (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40541)

Ryan Lux 11-25-2023 09:47 PM

New and looking for help

15 Attachment(s)
I have found this site quite interesting and have found many useful posts to read! I have a old Parker but my knowledge of these guns is not very much. I was hoping someone could help me, and I have took many photos. My gun is old and not in the best shape but has been in the safe for as long as I can remember.

Ryan

Harold Lee Pickens 11-26-2023 07:47 AM

Ryan, a lifter action 12 ga?, with stock issues. The stock my be repairable however. Not sure what grade that is. How are the bores? I am sure others more knowledgeable will chime in. Looks like a good project gun. Thanks for sharing it with us.

edgarspencer 11-26-2023 07:59 AM

The bolsters would say it's a Grade 3, but I can't see enough of the locks.
The frame size will be stamped on the bottom of the rear barrel lug. I had a 1 frame grade 3 in beautiful condition and it was a joy to shoot. Another member here has it now.

Dean Romig 11-26-2023 08:22 AM

Yes, it’s a Grade 3and the rest of the engraving and hammers is indicative of the grade as well.looks like a candidate for a restoration as long as the barrel walls are sufficiently thick to safely shoot it.

Ryan Lux 11-26-2023 12:05 PM

So it is a 12Gauge? I wasnt sure, I thought it could possibly be a 10 gauge. But thats why I am here :)

Ryan Lux 11-26-2023 12:07 PM

more pics if ity helps

4 Attachment(s)
Here some more pics

Harold Lee Pickens 11-26-2023 12:42 PM

Ryan, cant tell from pics if it is a 12 or 10.

Stan Hoover 11-26-2023 12:46 PM

Ryan
The serialization book shows that serial number to be a 10 gauge with 32” Damascus barrels, no extras, pistol grip stock, and it is a Grade 3,

Ryan Lux 11-26-2023 01:03 PM

How much would it cost me in your opinion...rough guess.....to have this gun restored? And would it be worth it? Or just keep as is for a family momento?

Mike Koneski 11-26-2023 01:40 PM

First off, for a restoration, if the bores and barrel wall thickness are good, that stock would need to be replaced. Usually a stock replacement will start around $2K. If you're going that route might as well have it made to your dimensions. Action can be cleaned up inside and out. There are guys who specialize in re-bluing the barrels. Damascus can clean up and cold blue to a gorgeous pattern. Breck Gorman is one guy I would recommend for those barrels. Nice gun. The grade 3 may be the difference between a full restore and selling it for parts. If the barrels are too pitted then Briley could fit a set of full-length tubes to those specific barrels and you could convert it to a 16g or 20g easily.