Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Parker Trojan hits the field again... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8185)

ron belanger 09-28-2012 06:17 PM

Parker Trojan hits the field again...

Monday 10/1 is the NH upland opener and I will be kicking the brush with one of my Parkers...(only want to take one at a time since I have a soft top Jeep and would be worried, leaving one in it while I hunted...):eek:

Haven't decided which 20 ga to take yet, the Trojan or the Repro, but on Monday morning my hand will reach into my safe and pull out one or the other :)

I will be hunting public lands on stocked birds (NH WMA)...never done this before so it may be something of an eye opener if hoards of others are out there as well. I have been rained on by 7 1/2's before and it was kinda scary...so we will be decked out in hunter orange galore!

Anyway, gonna give it a shot (pun intended) and will post on what kind of experience it was.
If anything, it will be a great day outdoors on a beautiful, Fall day in New Hampshire...
My girlfriend will be tagging along as a water bearer, photographer and bush kicker (she doesn't know this yet)
I don't have a dog at the moment so she will have to suffice...
I hope she doesn't mind a collar and bell!

I will post pics whether I'm successful or not just to record the day with digital memories of a Parker Gun's return to the field.
The Trojan was my girlfriend's Father's gun and she has no idea when it was last used for hunting...the Reproduction may well have never been in the field so this may be her hunting debut!
Next year, I hope to have a gun dog along...either a Brittany or a Springer.

I think I'll go out to the safe and fondle my Parkers...maybe one of them will speak to me!

Paul Plager 09-28-2012 08:19 PM

They probably say the same thing mine do, "just shoot already" then "you done already?":rotf:
I have to wait until the 5th for my grade 2 10ga. Debut on pheasant, but I can't get my wife to go along to take pics.

Dean Romig 09-28-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron belanger (Post 81348)
Haven't decided which 20 ga to take yet, the Trojan or the Repro, but on Monday morning my hand will reach into my safe and pull out one or the other :)

You might as well just take the Trojan. It will definitely carry and handle better than the Repro and you can add to its long litany of stories (even if it is keeping mum about the first 60 or 70 years of stories) and it has a karma the Repro doesn't suspect.

My girlfriend will be tagging along as a water bearer, photographer and bush kicker (she doesn't know this yet)
I don't have a dog at the moment so she will have to suffice...
I hope she doesn't mind a collar and bell!

Just remember to turn down the power on the collar. You don't want to ruin a young "brush kicker".

Next year, I hope to have a gun dog along...either a Brittany or a Springer.

That's a good idea. I hope your 'gun dog' is respectful of your Alpha ...er... girlfriend and honors her every point.

I think I'll go out to the safe and fondle my Parkers...maybe one of them will speak to me!

Shot off your computer if you leave it... you don't want your girlfriend reading this thread. :whistle:

ron belanger 09-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 81376)
Shot off your computer if you leave it... you don't want your girlfriend reading this thread. :whistle:

:rotf:

Perfect!

The Trojan rides at dawn!

ron belanger 09-28-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Plager (Post 81364)
They probably say the same thing mine do, "just shoot already" then "you done already?":rotf:

Hmmm...are you sure it's not your wife who says that?? :rotf:

Paul Plager 09-28-2012 11:22 PM

I have also heard " DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!!":whistle:
But I couldn't tell who said it

Pete Lester 09-29-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron belanger (Post 81348)

Basically a choice between natural and implants. :)

ron belanger 09-29-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 81384)
Basically a choice between natural and implants. :)

Well...I never thought about the situation that way :p

Nevertheless, whether I take the "old girl" or the "new girl" I'll still have at least one "girl" accompanying me that "fills that bill" (OO) :rotf:

Paul Plager 09-29-2012 11:45 AM

I didn't know your name is Bill.:shock::whistle:

Stephen Hodges 09-29-2012 05:44 PM

Ron, Have fun on Monday but be very careful:shock:. I quit going on opening day for the stocked birds as I could not stand the "mobs" of hunters. By Thursday things will quiet down a bit, and the second stocking will have taken place. From then on, excluding the weekends, the hunting becomes fun again:corn: Good luck, and leave a few for me:whistle: