Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Parker 10 Gauge Double (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34723)

Matt Buckley 11-13-2021 04:23 PM

Parker 10 Gauge Double

2 Attachment(s)
I took out my new to me Parker PH 10 gauge on a waterfowl hunt this morning and my first chance to pull the triggers ended in a double on Buffleheads. I also dropped a honker out of a nice size flock. I was shooting Bismuth 1 1/4oz #4's being propelled with Longshot.

The PH was built in 1914 and has 32" Twist Steel barrels as it letters and weights 9lbs 10oz. The chokes measure cylinder and IC so I'm guessing they were opened up at some point. No chokes are mentioned in the letter.

Jim Beilke 11-13-2021 05:33 PM

The Ducker has been blooded!!! I wonder when the last time the old boat saw action or the old PH 10 for that matter. Good shooting, Matt

Mills Morrison 11-13-2021 06:24 PM

Very well done! We begin next weekend. I am taking my Super Fox with its finally-fixed trigger issues. Harry has not decided what he is taking

charlie cleveland 11-13-2021 07:35 PM

nice old 10 doing a good job too...mills hope you luck with the fox...charlie

Stan Hillis 11-14-2021 07:51 AM

Great picture Matt. That #4 bismuth is what I've fed my vintage duck guns for years. It is indeed big medicine for waterfowl. I'll be trying the new-to-me low pressure, BOSS brand copper plated bismuth loads when our season begins soon.

Hope this is just the beginning of a stellar season for both of us. I hope your trigger issues are truly finally settled, Mills. Those big Super Foxes are special guns. Mine is one of the last guns I'd ever willingly part with.

Robert Rambler 11-14-2021 07:56 AM

Congrats on the Buffies ! They're like trying to hit a BumbleBee , Fast little buggers!:)

Bruce Hering 11-14-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hillis (Post 347835)
Great picture Matt. That #4 bismuth is what I've fed my vintage duck guns for years. It is indeed big medicine for waterfowl. I'll be trying the new-to-me low pressure, BOSS brand copper plated bismuth loads when our season begins soon.

Hope this is just the beginning of a stellar season for both of us. I hope your trigger issues are truly finally settled, Mills. Those big Super Foxes are special guns. Mine is one of the last guns I'd ever willingly part with.

Stan: Could you provide me with information on the low pressure loads from Boss. I called them the other day and was told they did not make any low pressure stuff. I have read other folks post about this ammo and yet the young lady on the phone said "no such loads".

Thanks in advance.....

Jeff Christie 11-22-2021 09:32 PM

Boss low pressure loads

Please share with us all

Destry L. Hoffard 11-23-2021 04:19 PM

Boss doesn't make low pressure loads, they make duck and goose loads.

Jeff Christie 11-23-2021 06:12 PM

I’ve had excellent results with Boss but have only used it in a Model 12 Heavy Duck or black Italian plastic. Crushes geese.