Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38742)

RonKiska 03-15-2023 05:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just joined as a new paying member. Been a member on the Fox site for 2 years and just got my first Parker. It’s a 20g Trojan. It’s an honest shooter and certainly no a closet queen. Maybe someday I will collect the closet queens but right now I’ve been focusing on affordable, honest solid shooter SxS of the classic makers.

I always wanted a Parker since my father had one that was given to him by a friend (a 16g M/F he doesn’t remember the grade but I can remember it was “colorful and fancy”) and it was part of a matched set of 16g consecutive serial numbers (his friend’s father had the other 16g - that family founded Bostitch so I’m sure they were good). Unfortunately my father gave the gun back even though his friend didn’t want it and actually gave him the other.

Anyway, the folks on the Fox site have been super with tech info (especially Frank) and my goal is to continue to learn the history of these American classic SxS and continue adding to the collection.

My Parker.

Randy G Roberts 03-15-2023 07:20 PM

Welcome aboard Sir. Might you be attending the Southern or one of the other gatherings?

RonKiska 03-15-2023 07:34 PM

I will be at the Hausmanns in PA. First time for any SxS shoot.

Randy G Roberts 03-15-2023 08:16 PM

Give the Southern some serious consideration if you can work it into your schedule. Nothing against Ernie but the Southern is the King of the SxS events IMO when it comes to seeing guns. For targets Rock Mtn. In PA holds that title IMO.

Harold Lee Pickens 03-16-2023 06:45 AM

Nice, honest Trojan 20. I have been thinking of adding a Trojan 20 to my grouse hunting "arsenal". I will be at Hausmann's in June, and always look forward to it. I camp out there and it is always a relaxing time for me seeing and shooting with old friends. There are certainly more vendors at the Southern and more eye candy. I havent made a decision yet as to if I'm going.It conflicts' with turkey season. Rock Mtn(Koneski's) is a great shoot also. I have only been able to get there once, 2020,(the covid year). My wife runs a big tennis tournament that always coincides with that shoot, and I am always needed to help out. It was cancelled in 2020 and I was able to go. You cant go wrong with any of them, maybe we'll meet at Hausmann's.

RonKiska 03-16-2023 10:09 AM

I am hoping to get to Rock Mtn for the Northern. Heard really great things about the facility. The Southern probably isn’t in the cards this year.

Mike Koneski 03-19-2023 04:10 PM

Nice honest 20 you have there MM! The more you shoot it, the more you'll like it. Welcome to Parker Universe! :clap:

CraigThompson 03-19-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 384777)
Give the Southern some serious consideration if you can work it into your schedule. Nothing against Ernie but the Southern is the King of the SxS events IMO when it comes to seeing guns. For targets Rock Mtn. In PA holds that title IMO.

I’ll second that :cool:

RonKiska 03-27-2023 08:24 PM

Just received my Parker "Welcome Wagon" mailing. Very nice. Professionally done. I was extremely impressed. And a big shout out thanks to Mary for helping me navigate through some of the administrative issues that probably was my fault.

I look forward to meeting whoever wherever. I'm never going to be a collector of $10k guns just nice, honest shooters that I can enjoy.

Mike Koneski 03-27-2023 09:49 PM

Ron, most of us in Parker Universe procure solid, honest shooters and we definitely hunt and bust clays with them!