Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Patrick - Chesapeake, VA (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36739)

Patrick Manges 06-27-2022 05:15 PM

Patrick - Chesapeake, VA

I came about the PGCA because I recently picked up a book written by Elmer Keith called Shotguns. I have been a bird hunter and sporting clays shooter for awhile and have a love for double guns. I shoot my Citori and BSS most weekends. Though I do not own a double from the era that Parker Bros was manufacturing in, I hope to learn a great deal and eventually purchase one myself. Thanks for hosting this forum that allows folks to collaborate and share knowledge.

- Pat

Dean Romig 06-27-2022 05:19 PM

Hi Pat and welcome!

Don't do like a lot of us who were newbies to Parkers and buy one that will prove to be a mistake. Ask advice here. Show us pictures of Parkers you're contemplating buying. We won't steer you wrong.

Andrew Sacco 06-27-2022 05:20 PM

Welcome Pat. You won't find a better group or more knowledgeable people on Parker guns than this forum. You will learn a LOT and once you buy one you'll be headed down the slippery slope. It's a great ride!

Garry L Gordon 06-27-2022 06:38 PM

Welcome, Pat. Oh, are you in for a treat. A guy's first Parker is special. I look forward to your sharing it with us sometime (soon, I hope).

Randy G Roberts 06-27-2022 08:06 PM

Welcome aboard Pat. It appears that you are in a state where we have a good number of very knowledgeable members. You should have someone close by to help you at all times. If you like reading let me suggest the two volume set called The Parker Story. It's going to cost you $250 to 300 bucks in the used category, I would suspect that a new set is probably going to be another hundred bucks on top of that but I really don't know. You will find it very worthwhile if you want to become involved in the Parker world. Also as a member you have access to the Parker Pages archives on the forum. Take a minute and browse through there and you will find a lot of useful information and very interesting articles. Enjoy, hope to see you at one of the gatherings.

Dan Steingraber 06-28-2022 06:37 AM

Welcome Pat. As a relatively newbie myself I can whole heartedly confirm all of the comments. The body of knowledge within this group and their incredibly gratious willingness to share is amazing. Definitely pick up a copy of The Parker Story, show up to an event ready to shoot some targets, meet some fine folks and see some beautiful guns. Fasten your seatbelt for a great ride.

Allen Peterson 06-30-2022 01:18 AM

Pat I'm in Chesapeake too. we shoot sxs most Sundays at Oceana come on out and join us.Al

Mike Koneski 07-24-2022 03:36 PM

Welcome Pat! The journey and the addiction begins now that you ara a PGCA member. Whatever you do, do not shoot any Damascus, twist, pattern barreled guns. They are very dangerous. If you have any I'll do the gracious thing and take them off your hands to save you from bodily harm. :whistle: