Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   10 gauge Damascus lifter (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36896)

Jacob Vealetzek 07-19-2022 07:33 PM

10 gauge Damascus lifter

5 Attachment(s)
I have this 10 gauge Damascus lifter shotgun that I’m interested in purchasing but don’t know enough about Parker guns to know why a good price would be on it? Any info would be great serial number is 11491

Brian Dudley 07-19-2022 10:49 PM

The gun is a grade 2.
It looks to be in VERY good all original condition. That is how you want to find them.

Jacob Vealetzek 07-19-2022 11:03 PM

Ok so I don’t know much about these guns. What does it mean to be a grade two? How does the grading work on Parker shotguns? Is there anyway to put a ballpark value on it? I saw one that looked similar on a midway USA clip on YouTube that said 2500 for a value. Would that be about right for this one?

Brian Dudley 07-20-2022 07:43 AM

If you go to the homepage there is all sorts of information about grading.
The value of the gun is something you will have to determine based on active listings and known sales. Or if the gun is for sale, then there should be an asking price. If you think it is fair, then pay it. All we can say is that it IS a good gun. A nice example of a grade 2 lifter.

Jacob Vealetzek 07-20-2022 07:59 AM

Ok sounds good thanks for the info and it’s an auction so no listing price that’s why I’m curious on approximate value, I tried to find others like it and there aren’t very many out there and they have a fairly wide range on prices. Is bore condition a fairly good determining factor on what it could be worth?

Jacob Vealetzek 07-20-2022 02:20 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here’s a few more pictures I have now..

Brian Dudley 07-20-2022 02:51 PM

It is a 2 frame 10g. which is also considered to be somewhat "desirable" as it would be considered a lightweight 10g. Normally a 10g. would be built on the heavier 3 frame.

However, with the lighter frame, bore condition and wall thickness is very important for it to be considered a safe shooter as the lighter frame means lighter/thinner barrels.

Jacob Vealetzek 07-20-2022 02:58 PM

B Dudley, I don’t have any picture of the bores but they are nice and Whitney with no visible pitting and seem to be in very good shape. If I end up bringing the gun home I will be bringing it to my gunsmith to give it a more thorough check to make sure it is safe to shoot but it looks up nice and tight with no slip or play anywhere. What does the D5 stand for that’s shown in the pictures?

Dean Romig 07-20-2022 04:42 PM

D represents Damascus barrels and the 5 indicates the pre-struck barrel weight of 5 lbs., 0 ounces.

Jacob Vealetzek 07-20-2022 05:16 PM

Would $1500 be a good price on a gun like this?