Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen firearm (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37365)

Josh Loewensteiner 09-20-2022 09:31 AM

Stolen firearm

5 Attachment(s)
Sadly, I had an Ithaca Grade 5 Knick stolen from FedEx. SN. 404,786. FedEx has video of it being loaded on to a truck in Memphis and that’s the end of the line. Yes - I’ve pushed all the buttons, and no, there isn’t anything else they will do. It’s been reported to local PD and ATF. It’ll turn up somewhere I’m sure but thought I’d post here in case anyone sees it. Photos below….reward offered for its return!

ED J, MORGAN 09-20-2022 09:55 AM

We will keep an eye out for it.

Reggie Bishop 09-20-2022 10:03 AM

I hope it turns up soon!

keavin nelson 09-20-2022 10:15 AM

Well that ruins your day! What was the next intended destination location, or was Memphis the end destination, Josh?

A thought, if all the members copied and shared the post to the various boards & gun friends, on-line groups, etc. that would provide a broad distribution? Is this desirable Josh?

Mills Morrison 09-20-2022 10:16 AM

That is too bad. Hope it turns up soon and undamaged

Josh Loewensteiner 09-20-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keavin nelson (Post 372205)
Well that ruins your day! What was the next intended destination location, or was Memphis the end destination, Josh?

A thought, if all the members copied and shared the post to the various boards & gun friends, on-line groups, etc. that would provide a broad distribution? Is this desirable Josh?

That would be great. I would be most appreciative of the help in finding the gun. ATF said that “in transit” theft like this has skyrocketed the last 2-3 years.

The final destination for the gun was a gun shop in NY. The label did not say anything about there being a gun in the box or that it was headed to a gun shop so there was no way of knowing it was a gun. Just a 36x9x4 box….

Dean Romig 09-20-2022 12:10 PM

Sometimes a lot of publicity about the theft of a gun will put it under the radar for years or even decades. But nothing ventured, nothing gained... Good Luck Josh - I'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open.

randall rosenthal 09-20-2022 01:14 PM

sorry to hear that. odd that they took it not knowing the value. for what its worth my FFL is a hardware store. and my experience with fed ex and UPS is they are great as long as the system works....when it doesn't for any reason they are lost. i sincerely hope you get it back.

Joseph Sheerin 09-20-2022 01:30 PM

Sad news for the buyer, and the seller.....

With Fedex, are you able to insure for full value?

It took me almost 8 months to get UPS to settle with me when they damaged a firearm in shipping, to of all places... NY....

randall rosenthal 09-20-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sheerin (Post 372222)
Sad news for the buyer, and the seller.....

With Fedex, are you able to insure for full value?

It took me almost 8 months to get UPS to settle with me when they damaged a firearm in shipping, to of all places... NY....

i often ship rather expensive items. i never rely on fed ex or UPS "declared value". i get outside one time shipping insurance. considering the valuation it's not too bad for peace of mind...just a thought. when UPS lost a package it was 15 minutes from the destination when after 3 weeks they found it but insisted on returning it rather than delivering it. so far i've had better luck with fed ex.