Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Our New Addition (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36329)

Tom Pellegrini 05-05-2022 10:16 PM

Our New Addition

1 Attachment(s)
My better half and i have had Labs for 38 years. Over that time we whelped three litters and had five in the house at one time. After our last one passed we decided to take a break. It's been 5 years since we had a dog and we have been talking about it for the last year. I figured that if we were patient an opportunity would knock. Well 2 weeks ago opportunity knocked. A manager at the Publix where our daughter works said he had a dog that he wanted to find a good home for. Well as they say I was over ruled by the female vote.
So 2 weeks ago jade, a 2 and 1/2 year old black female Lab came home to us. We were told that she was crate trained. Not true, they used the crate for punishment and that is a huge NO NO. The previous owner also said she was good off lead and he used a shock collar. When he picked up the shock collar this poor dog dropped to her belly on the floor. Needless to say the collar did not come home with us. Not patting myself on the back but after just two days with us she was a totally different dog. She is probably the most loving and a big cuddle bug. I honestly believe she thinks she died and went to heaven. She is coming along really well and in time she is going to be a great addition to the family.

CraigThompson 05-05-2022 11:01 PM

I Very nice sir:cool:

Daryl Corona 05-06-2022 06:43 AM

Can't wait to meet her Tom. Kudos to you and your bride for giving her a loving home. There is something special about a rescue pup.

Garry L Gordon 05-06-2022 08:14 AM

It’s a sign of optimism to get a new pup. You have much to look forward to.

Gary Laudermilch 05-06-2022 09:52 AM

Most of the problems with dogs are related to the people who own/handle them. You have proven that with the proper treatment most dog problems can be solved. Congrats to you for saving her. Enjoy!

Johnny Mercer 05-07-2022 12:38 AM

Good looking girl. You may have been out voted but, I don't think you would have left that house without her.

Mike Koneski 05-07-2022 09:52 AM

Well done Tom. Black Labs Matter!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini (Post 363093)
My better half and i have had Labs for 38 years. Over that time we whelped three litters and had five in the house at one time. After our last one passed we decided to take a break. It's been 5 years since we had a dog and we have been talking about it for the last year. I figured that if we were patient an opportunity would knock. Well 2 weeks ago opportunity knocked. A manager at the Publix where our daughter works said he had a dog that he wanted to find a good home for. Well as they say I was over ruled by the female vote.
So 2 weeks ago jade, a 2 and 1/2 year old black female Lab came home to us. We were told that she was crate trained. Not true, they used the crate for punishment and that is a huge NO NO. The previous owner also said she was good off lead and he used a shock collar. When he picked up the shock collar this poor dog dropped to her belly on the floor. Needless to say the collar did not come home with us. Not patting myself on the back but after just two days with us she was a totally different dog. She is probably the most loving and a big cuddle bug. I honestly believe she thinks she died and went to heaven. She is coming along really well and in time she is going to be a great addition to the family.

scott kittredge 05-07-2022 11:11 AM

Yes, good for you !!!! ( and the dog ):bowdown:

Daryl Corona 05-07-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 363187)
Well done Tom. Black Labs Matter!!

Tell a lib that BLM stands for that and they will convulse. It's fun to watch>:cool:

Tom Pellegrini 08-07-2022 10:22 AM

Adjusting

3 Attachment(s)
Well, after a little over three months I believe this pretty young lady is adjusting quite well. She has come a long way since we brought her home. Still needs some work on manners when playing. Seems to always want to tease you with what she brings back and doesn't want to give it to you. Other than that I feel we hit a home run with this girl. She is a real gem.