Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Catalogues (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36153)

Gary Carmichael Sr 04-12-2022 12:28 PM

Catalogues

A gentleman sent me some Parker Catalogues, I had bought years ago a P grade 410 steel brl gun from him, he was getting rid of some stuff and he thought I might like them, I do not know anything about Parker Paper, unfortunatly My phone fell out of my pocket while on the tractor and I ran over the damn thing, so when my wife gets home in a couple days I will try to get her to take some photos. They are as follows 1- a catalouge with a clown on it in red pants green cover looks to be 3" x5" 2- a yellow book iron founders and machinist5"x7" 3-a3"x5" red with a flying geese on it says 4/1/30 4- a small 3"x5" brown paper with a Parker gun on it 5- a green catalouge with flying geese on it 6-a large catalouge with pine combs on it with a order blank page in the book also says 1908 written in pencilm there is more but for the time being it will do, some of the catalouges I have 2or three copies

Dean Romig 04-12-2022 01:02 PM

You just received a treasure trove of catalogs.

charlie cleveland 04-12-2022 02:02 PM

you have created some new foder for the parker paper boys.....sounds very interesting....what happened to the 410.....charlie

Mills Morrison 04-12-2022 02:06 PM

Please keep us posted. The Clown catalog is particularly intriguing

Bill Murphy 04-12-2022 04:43 PM

If the Clown is not a reproduction, it could be worth $3000 today. The brown pine cone in high condition could be worth $650. The others are fairly common and have value only if in high condition.

Kevin McCormack 04-12-2022 04:50 PM

Forget the catalogues, tell us about the PH .410!!! Last time I validated any, there were 2 original guns, one of dubious lineage, and a fourth one rumored to be in a second floor hall closet in a house up in the PA coal tipple country. Was this the gun Mahlon Kelly of Albemarle Arms' friend owned and brought over to Forrest Marshall's house to authenticate? Babe Del Grego flew down from Ilion to look the gun over and pronounced it righteous in every respect. I was there and remember the visit vividly. I would love to know if it is the same gun you bought, Gary. Thanks, Kevin

Gary Carmichael Sr 04-12-2022 05:13 PM

Kevin the 410 and 28ga belonged to Forrest Marshall at one time, He sold his collection to a fellow in Wisconsin the 28gauge ended up at Tony Galazans I bought them from Tony and the guy in Wisconsin, They both lettered, I think I have copies of those somewhere, I will check to see and try to post them. By the way I had the whole collection at Chantiliy a few years back, Gary

Kevin McCormack 04-12-2022 05:23 PM

Thanks Gary - I remember seeing them at Chantilly - this makes me more certain that the PH .410 is indeed the one I saw at Forrest's that afternoon. After Babe pronounced the gun righteous, price discussions ensued and shortly thereafter all the principals had smiles on their faces. I remember when Forrest sold his collection to the gentleman in Wisconsin. Great days and great guns!!