Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Opening day SE NM (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34946)

Kyle Ramage 12-08-2021 02:11 PM

Opening day SE NM

1 Attachment(s)
Bert and I had success on opening day. However, it appears that we were lucky that morning since then, we’ve been out and only seeing one or two small coveys. We need rain! Scalies!

Dean Romig 12-08-2021 04:09 PM

Bring the Parker - they will come.

Jim Beilke 12-08-2021 08:03 PM

Whats that contraption in your right hand?

Dean Romig 12-08-2021 08:21 PM

Kyle - We’re just messin’ with you.

Great picture from a good hunt!

Kevin McCormack 12-08-2021 08:30 PM

Before I put my glasses on, it looked like 2 giant turkeys were approaching you from the upper right- hand corner of your picture, the second one towing a small equipment trailer. I guess I should have my cataracts done sooner than I figured! PS- what a great dog!

Victor Wasylyna 12-08-2021 08:31 PM

Handsome pup you have there.

-Victor

Kyle Ramage 12-10-2021 10:08 PM

I deserve to be messed with! How dare I hunt without the Parker. I was planning on getting it out. The lack of shells and lack of reloading supplies put the Parker on the sidelines. Our good friend Garth sent me a couple of boxes of RST's out of his own pocket, even sent my check back. The family and I took the Parker out dove shooting and shot some clays and dove in September, but my passion is quail hunting and while I still have a box of RST's I lacked the confidence on opening day to get Bert a few for the bag. I plan on hunting with the Parker, I just need to get more shells, which will lead to more confidence.
Has anyone hunted quail this year in OK? I hear it is a good year. Thanks to all and happy hunting! I'm really bummed about our quail prospects this year. I'm also still looking for powder and primers to feed the MEC 600. Take Care

Dean Romig 12-10-2021 10:14 PM

Okay Kyle, you’re forgiven.

Bruce Hering 12-10-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Ramage (Post 350042)
I deserve to be messed with! How dare I hunt without the Parker. I was planning on getting it out. The lack of shells and lack of reloading supplies put the Parker on the sidelines. Our good friend Garth sent me a couple of boxes of RST's out of his own pocket, even sent my check back. The family and I took the Parker out dove shooting and shot some clays and dove in September, but my passion is quail hunting and while I still have a box of RST's I lacked the confidence on opening day to get Bert a few for the bag. I plan on hunting with the Parker, I just need to get more shells, which will lead to more confidence.
Has anyone hunted quail this year in OK? I hear it is a good year. Thanks to all and happy hunting! I'm really bummed about our quail prospects this year. I'm also still looking for powder and primers to feed the MEC 600. Take Care

Dont feel bad..... I am hoping to get some RST's as soon as they become available....