Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dale from Central New York (state, not city) (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36339)

Dale Soos 05-06-2022 10:45 PM

Dale from Central New York (state, not city)

Greetings!

I figured I would drop a line and see what bites.

I live in Central NY, and looking to see if there are any shooters in the area.

I am going for the Grand Slam of American shotguns. I've been fortunate to know some Ithaca employees over the years and had/have some nice IG pieces, singles, doubles, pumps, & handguns.

I recently bought my first Parker (VH, 12 ga, mfd in 1902).

I shoot some Continental shotguns from Italy, Spain, Belgium, but do look forward to adding at least 1 LC, and some more Parkers to the collection.

Look forward to hearing from folks close to Cortland!

Cheers!

Dale

Brian Dudley 05-06-2022 11:13 PM

Welcome. I am in Rochester. I deer hunt down in cortland on family land.

Dale Soos 05-06-2022 11:17 PM

Thanks for the reply Brian. Whereabouts is your family land down here? My cousin is a police officer in Greece and I have other relatives out that way, and I'm originally from Buffalo.

I do some rifle shooting down near Wayland too.

Dale

Harold Lee Pickens 05-07-2022 08:10 AM

welcome to the forum Dale, lots of good info here. We always like pictures of your Parkers.

Brian Dudley 05-07-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Soos (Post 363175)
Thanks for the reply Brian. Whereabouts is your family land down here? My cousin is a police officer in Greece and I have other relatives out that way, and I'm originally from Buffalo.

I do some rifle shooting down near Wayland too.

Dale

Homer.

Dale Soos 05-07-2022 08:30 AM

We have about 115 acres at the Cortland/ Onondaga county line just a bit north of Homer. Beautiful area.

Andrew Sacco 05-07-2022 11:00 AM

Hi Dale. I'm in the Binghamton area. I love how you qualified what part of NY you're from. Only we upstate folks understand....

George Lang 05-07-2022 12:49 PM

Welcome Dale, I'm in Afton 25 miles east of Binghamton.

Dale Soos 05-07-2022 01:43 PM

I shoot rifle sports down at Broome County Sportsmans Club and just shot today out near Sidney. Nice to hear some others are stranded here in NY.

I used to travel around the world, and learned to qualify that I was from the state, not the city, when people assumed I lived in Manhattan ��*♂️

Donald F. Mills 05-07-2022 08:15 PM

Hi, I’m up In Oswego. Welcome. If you want to shoot some sporting clays or skeet with Parkers feel free to reach out. You should join us at Hausman’s the first weekend in June for some fun and education on all things double gun. It’s a great time.