Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hunting With Jimmy (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38712)

Mike Koneski 03-10-2023 07:59 PM

Hunting With Jimmy

2 Attachment(s)
Our good friend Jimmy Hall made the trek from the Virginia peninsula to our NEPA home. March 10 we hunted at John Picotti’s Ringneck Ridge Preserve. The weather was chilly with a lot of wind but our dogs and the pheasants provided a wonderful morning hunt. Jimmy brought his 9 year old Boykin Caroline and I brought our 5 year old Setter Callie. The dogs worked well together and made us both proud! The shooting was great too as only one rooster escaped unscathed and we think he’s still flying! Jimmy shot his Parker A-1 upgrade 16g with 30” bbls. I shot my favorite upland gun, a Parker Trojan 28”. That gun has taken a lot of birds over the years. We teamed up for 10 pheasants.

We finished the day back at Rock Mountain with a round of clays under clear but windy skies. Jimmy shot his 12g GH (?) 32” high rib trap gun and I shot a 12g TL hammer gun with twist barrels refinished by Breck Gorman.

We had a great visit and Jimmy is welcome here anytime!

Mike Koneski 03-10-2023 08:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few close-ups of the engraving on Jimmy’s A-1…. No flying turnips or wild salamis to be found!!

Randy G Roberts 03-10-2023 08:10 PM

Nice. Sounds like a good day. I never tire of looking at that 16, it's easy on the eyes for sure.

Mike Koneski 03-10-2023 08:40 PM

Ha also had his 28g repro along. What’s not to like about a 28”, double trigger, straight gripper? He shot the 12g GH (?) trap gun really well on clays. So well he didn’t break out the Ithaca Lefever high-rib trap gun!

Dean Romig 03-10-2023 10:48 PM

Jimmy’s a great friend and I always enjoy his company.

Jimmy finally found, after years of research, an A1-S in his own town… Great story!!

CraigThompson 03-11-2023 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 384424)
Nice. Sounds like a good day. I never tire of looking at that 16, it's easy on the eyes for sure.

I hate to say it but I think I like the engraving more on the A-1 upgrade more than his original A-1 . And that’s not to say there are any flies on the original A-1 :cool: Mr. Roberts what engraving style is on your pinoy upgrade gun ?

John Davis 03-11-2023 06:58 AM

The great thing about a well done upgrade is you get the beauty without the guilt. Nice shooting gentlemen.

Randy G Roberts 03-11-2023 07:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 384438)
I hate to say it but I think I like the engraving more on the A-1 upgrade more than his original A-1 . And that’s not to say there are any flies on the original A-1 :cool: Mr. Roberts what engraving style is on your pinoy upgrade gun ?

I suppose it's closer to an A1S than anything else.

Daryl Corona 03-11-2023 07:51 AM

Jimmy Hall and Caroline are indeed a pleasure to share some upland time with. Looks like you guys had a blast. (Pun intended) This gives me an idea for a get together next year for a triple play; a tower shoot, an upland clean-up afterwards and some clays thrown in. Over two days of course.

CraigThompson 03-11-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 384442)
Jimmy Hall and Caroline are indeed a pleasure to share some upland time with. Looks like you guys had a blast. (Pun intended) This gives me an idea for a get together next year for a triple play; a tower shoot, an upland clean-up afterwards and some clays thrown in. Over two days of course.

When , where and how much :rotf: