Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stock bending (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36742)

Josh Loewensteiner 06-28-2022 10:15 AM

Stock bending

Who would you recommend for stock bending nowadays? I need to make some more cast in a straight stocked gun.

Thanks!

Andrew Sacco 06-28-2022 10:31 AM

The only one I knew was Glen Baker at Woodcock Hill in Benton, PA. I have seen a Perazzi he did and it was well done still holding after many years. But he's passed on, he has someone there who does it now (with oil I believe) and others on here I know will say yay/nay on his skills.

Brian Dudley 06-28-2022 11:00 AM

The Couple times I have had stocks bent, I think I would have been better off throwing the money right in the garbage afterwards.

One was a Parker Repro. two attempts to bend for drop resulted in no change and all I had was a gun so gummed up with oil that it would barely open or function without a full cleaning.

The second attempt was on an english gun to remove cast and bring it back to neutral. Within 6 months the cast went back halfway to where it was when I started.

The two guns were done by different people.

Dean Romig 06-28-2022 11:59 AM

That's going to be a really tough one Josh, with the long trigger guard tang...

Breck Gorman 06-28-2022 12:27 PM

Mike Orlen in Massachusetts.

CraigThompson 06-28-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breck Gorman (Post 366761)
Mike Orlen in Massachusetts.

We’ve sent several to Orlen to be bent . We’ve not heard anything negative back from our customers so I assume they stayed .

Buddy Marson 06-29-2022 08:07 AM

Josh,
I just had Dennis Smith (The Stock Doctor) bend a draw bolt stock on an RBL28. I also had Dennis bend a Perazzi DC12 draw bolt stock. Both came out perfect! He is the one I would recommend you contact. His phone number is (541) 483-2182.

All the best,
Buddy

Mike Koneski 06-29-2022 02:03 PM

Dan Rositter (SR) has done it and I think he still has the heating/bending jig in his shop. He still uses the Custom Stocks & Steel business name.

Frank Srebro 06-29-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 366840)
Dan Rositter (SR) has done it and I think he still has the heating/bending jig in his shop. He still uses the Custom Stocks & Steel business name.

If memory serves the stock bending jig referred to by Mike was originally made by the late John Van Patten, respected gunsmith in Milford, PA. When John passed the jig came into the possession of a Parker man familiar to many of us, and he put it “on loan” to Dan Jr. before he went to G&H.

Arthur Shaffer 06-29-2022 11:38 PM

I've only had a couple done, both Fox, but Mike Orlen did them and they were perfect, cheap and quick. Had a couple of old time stocks bent for cast and drop and turned them into lethal frouse and quail guns.