Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mosquito Trap (Gallery Gun Trap) (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29336)

George Davis 02-10-2020 06:44 PM

Mosquito Trap (Gallery Gun Trap)

I grow up in central Illinois and we had a gallery range at our high school. We shot 22 shorts at I believe 20 yards.
However occasionally our coach would bring out a 22 smooth-bore (Remington) and a mosquito trap launcher which would throw a mini 15 yards. We shot 22 long rifles with 17 pellets of number 10 shot.
I have the launch (manufactured by Hite Trap) but the current mini are to hard the 22 shells won't break them consistently.
Two things: does anyone have a Remington Smooth-bore they want to sale? and does anyone know of a source for a softer mini?

John Dallas 02-10-2020 08:22 PM

Wasn't the original a "MoSkeetO"?

edgarspencer 02-10-2020 08:43 PM

Have you tried the CCI .22LR Shotshells ?

George Davis 02-11-2020 06:56 AM

No but will order some immediately.

George Davis 02-11-2020 06:59 AM

Had a wonderful experience Sunday afternoon at the gun club. Gentleman had heard we are trying to put together a 22 smooth-bore shoot. He wanted to show us his smooth-bore, he pulls out a model 62 Winchester smooth-bore engraved by Angelo Bee.
IT IS STUNNING!!!

Bill Murphy 02-11-2020 10:24 AM

George, can we see a picture of your Hite trap. I have a mini trap with no name, can't identify it.

George Davis 02-13-2020 04:59 PM

MoSkeetO Trap

3 Attachment(s)
MoSkeetO Trap Launcher made by Hite Trap Company in Kansas City, MO.
Launcher base is 18 by 6 1/2 inches and will throw a mini 15 yards.

Bill Murphy 02-13-2020 05:35 PM

George, thank you so much for the information and pictures for the Hite trap. My trap is a Hite trap, but I had no idea of its provenance because the stick on label is the only identification. If the casting will hold up under stress, the spring can be tightened to infinity, or almost, to sling a longer target. I bought the trap with nearly a case of Mo-Skeet-O targets. I won't shoot those targets because they are so collectible, but modern minis can be thrown out of the same trap, just not so far. Thanks again.

Randy Davis 02-13-2020 08:29 PM

MoSkeetO

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Davis (Post 293083)
I grow up in central Illinois and we had a gallery range at our high school. We shot 22 shorts at I believe 20 yards.
However occasionally our coach would bring out a 22 smooth-bore (Remington) and a mosquito trap launcher which would throw a mini 15 yards. We shot 22 long rifles with 17 pellets of number 10 shot.
I have the launch (manufactured by Hite Trap) but the current mini are to hard the 22 shells won't break them consistently.
Two things: does anyone have a Remington Smooth-bore they want to sale? and does anyone know of a source for a softer mini?

George, I don`t believe anyone today makes the moskeeto / targo type targets for the .22 Shotshell. Also take a look at Henry Repeating Arms "Garden Gun" .22 Smoothbore. I think Federal offers a .22 shotshell...

RD

Bill Murphy 03-02-2020 03:52 PM

Randy, the Mo Skeet O targets are out of production, but standard "mini" targets for sporting clays are a close fit in a Hite Mo Skeet O trap.