Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Double Gun Journal -Sad News (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36997)

Mills Morrison 08-01-2022 06:57 PM

Sad news. I have not received the notice. I have another year or so on my subscription.

Three plus decades is a great run, as others have said.

Ken Hill 08-01-2022 07:54 PM

The publishing was great, the articles were great, the owners are great. Is there another similar magazine out there?

This is a loss to all double gun communities.

Ken

jerry serie 08-01-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Cambria (Post 368832)
"The day the music died

They were singing bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin'......"

Attachment 108910

Amen Brother!!!

Gary Carmichael Sr 08-01-2022 09:15 PM

Just maybe some of the articles that were going to be in the DGJ, can now be in the Parker Pages,Hate to see it gone but as they say all good things must come to an end RIP Gary

jerry serie 08-01-2022 09:19 PM

I had a sense the end was coming but didn't know when. Thankfully, I was a charter subscriber and have them all, neatly bound in Slip Cases. What a wonderful idea and timely, it's been a great ride 1989 - 2122! All the Best to Daniel and Joanna Cote!

The DGJ will be valued for years to come!

Jerry

jerry serie 08-01-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Cambria (Post 368832)
"The day the music died

They were singing bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin'......"

Attachment 108910

Amen Brother!!! I hear the music!

Jack Huber 08-01-2022 10:18 PM

This is truly sad news. I have all the issues and value them greatly. I've even done an index of the articles that I found of special interest. I had a dream of writing an article for publication in the DGJ one day, now that can never happen.
Times have been hard for print media the past 15 years or so; I know Dan and Joanna gave it their best. I wish them good things in the future.
I would be remiss if I didn't thank those members of the PGCA for the fine articles they contributed over the past 30+ years.

neill mcinnis 08-01-2022 11:51 PM

This is so sad. By far the best publication on fine shotguns. I receive several publications on upland hunting but Double Guns journal was for the lover of fine shotguns. Mighty hard to replace.

Pete Lester 08-02-2022 06:07 AM

I think anyone who enjoys shooting composite barrel guns and Short Tens owes the DGJ a debt of gratitude for their Finding Out for Myself articles by Sherman Bell.

DGJ was a class act not likely to be outdone in the future.

Craig Larter 08-02-2022 06:16 AM

It is sad but the fact of the matter is the publishing world is going 100% digital. I never thought I would get used to reading the WSJ on a tablet but I did. Print media will most likely be dead in a decade. I would not be surprised to see a digital DGJ type product in the future. The costs of print production are just not competitive where there is a digital alternative.