Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Parker Member (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3232)

Alan Stearrett 01-09-2011 04:28 PM

New Parker Member

Hi Everyone,

I have inherited a double barrel 12 Ga. Parker shotgun from my grandfather and was wondering what model it is. I have located the serial number once I opened the slide mechanism for the barrels. According to the Parker table on the Parker website the gun was manufactured in 1922 and I was wondering if anyone can help me identify what model number it may be. The gun was purchased as a collectors item and is in excellent condition.

Thanks,
Alan Stearrett
Wilmington, DE.

Larry Frey 01-09-2011 06:36 PM

Alan,
Congratulations on your new Parker. In order for someone to help identify what you have we would need either the serial number or some detailed photos. If you have any trouble posting pic's go to the FAQ section on the home page and all the info you need is there.

Alan Stearrett 01-09-2011 08:03 PM

Hi Larry,

The serial number is 198158. I have also attached a photo of the Parker shotgun.

Thanks,
Alan Stearrett

Alan Stearrett 01-09-2011 08:16 PM

New Parker Member

Hi Larry,

I have attached a photo of the Parker Shotgun in this new message. It would not allow me wwith the quick reply. The serial number is 198158.

[IMG][IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chic Stearrett\My Documents\Parker Shotgun[/IMG]

Thanks,

Chic

Larry Frey 01-09-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Stearrett (Post 32119)
Hi Larry,

I have attached a photo of the Parker Shotgun in this new message. It would not allow me wwith the quick reply. The serial number is 198158.

[IMG][IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Chic Stearrett\My Documents\Parker Shotgun[/IMG]

Thanks,

Chic

Alan my books are at work so if you don't get a reply from someone else I will check for you in the morning. It appears your link to the gun pics is not attaced properly. Please try again.

Robert Rambler 01-09-2011 09:08 PM

Trojan 12ga 30in barrels

Jack Cronkhite 01-09-2011 09:23 PM

Chic: 198158 is listed as a Trojan grade 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels, pistol grip and no extras. You should see the words Trojan Steel on the rib between the barrels. Keep trying to upload the picture. We all enjoy seeing the guns. Really nice to have a family gun. The Trojan is a great hunting gun. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Jack

Alan Stearrett 01-09-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Cronkhite (Post 32130)
Chic: 198158 is listed as a Trojan grade 12 gauge with 30 inch barrels, pistol grip and no extras. You should see the words Trojan Steel on the rib between the barrels. Keep trying to upload the picture. We all enjoy seeing the guns. Really nice to have a family gun. The Trojan is a great hunting gun. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Jack

Jack Thanks for the info.I located the Trojan Steel ingraving between the barrels on the rib. I sent a photo of the shotgun to the administrator of the Parker Website. Hopefully they can post the photo for everyone to see.

Thanks,
Chic

John Dunkle 01-11-2011 08:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I was a little slow to this party.. ;) Here is Chic's Trojan...

:cheers:

John

Jack Cronkhite 01-11-2011 08:46 AM

Very nice gun. Jack