Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Double Gun Journal -Sad News (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36997)

Michael Moffa 08-05-2022 08:43 PM

Would any other subscriber paid more for a subscription? I know I would have gone double the $45 for the best mag published bar none. The best part of DGJ was 4 times a year, in the mail would appear something to read that was not woke or politicized up. Go back and pick up a copy Scientific American circa 2005 and note the distinct slant to the latest agenda. Not in the DGJ and we were blessed for it. As too the digital version, I'd subscribe but not be happy and I'd probably print it out anyway.

Mike Koneski 08-06-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 368950)
But how much space will Parker Pages allow for the kind of article and illustrations we’re accustomed to seeing in DGJ?

I haven't read that many articles in DGJ that would not fit into PP. Some would need to be Part I and Part II, but most articles, especially on Parker specific guns would work into a single issue.

Mike Koneski 08-06-2022 11:57 AM

I would have paid more for my subscription to keep DGJ afloat and publishing their quality magazine. I'm not a fan of digital publications. I prefer to do my reading away from a computer and usually later in the evening. I too prefer to hold hard copies of books and magazines rather than fire up the desk-top.

Mike Koneski 08-06-2022 11:59 AM

Dean, if we have enough of an influx of articles for PP we can always add extra pages to the magazine. It will add to the overall cost of the publication, but we could adapt if need be. 48 pages is not chiseled in stone.

Richard Flanders 08-06-2022 12:42 PM

Now we're getting somewhere and thinking about a "solution"..... Keep going.... We're limited only by our collective imaginations....

Mills Morrison 09-21-2022 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used my credit and some extra to get the British Shotgun by David Baker DVD/CD. It arrived the other day. Pictured here

Garry L Gordon 09-21-2022 11:40 AM

I opted for one of their books, but I've not see it yet.

Phillip Carr 09-21-2022 01:58 PM

One of the best benefits for me is when I do remote hunts. Most of the time I do not have internet access. I realize I could probably down load before leaving home, but I enjoy laying around camp in the evenings and taking an afternoon break while catching up on my magazine subscriptions.
Further sitting in my blind seems to pass the time faster while waiting for a buck to show up and reading some great articles.

Bob Brown 09-21-2022 10:22 PM

Mills, is that Baker CD set a regular item on their site? I looked and couldn't find it. Or was that what they meant on their books chart at $75 for each of the three volumes? Thanks.

Mills Morrison 09-21-2022 10:40 PM

It is. Look at the ad which includes Parkers at the End of the Rainbow and Diggory Haddoke's video