Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Let’s see some Lifters! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35039)

Dean Romig 04-07-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 360899)
That is a miller trigger.

Looked like it to me Brian but I couldn’t read the word Miller.

Stan Hoover 04-07-2022 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 360900)
Stan,
I assume you restocked it for shoot-ability and dimensions? The new comb does look a bit higher than the original one. The stock work looks perfect, great form!

Thanks Brian,

Since the existing stock was not original, I wanted to make it true to what a Grade 3 would look like.

The letter stated that it would have had a skeleton butt plate, so we added that and I also copied the Grade 3 Ball grip from the 12 that I currently have.
Now this gun I don’t believe had a completely checkered ball grip from new, but I just really admire the fully checkered Parker ball grip.

The reason I don’t think this originally had the fully checkered ball grip, I had the good fortune of connecting with a fellow member who has the consecutive serial number to this gun which is also a 16 Lifter. These 2 16 gauge lifters were ordered by the same gentleman in 1879, and the letter shows they were pretty much ordered as identical guns.
The replacement stock dimensions had a fair amount of drop, but I shot it fairly well surprisingly. I did bring the new stock dimensions closer to some of the other lifters I currently use.

Stan Hoover 04-22-2022 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)Hello,
We are enjoying the great weather down here at the Southern, I thought I would share a picture of a lifter:)

Jay Oliver 04-23-2022 08:07 AM

That's beautiful Stan! There is nothing better than a lifter that takes yellow shells :)

Dean Romig 04-23-2022 08:45 AM

What a beauty Stan!
I love those barrels!

Harold Lee Pickens 04-23-2022 06:12 PM

shucks Stan, you blocked off your score--I know it would be better than mine. What a beauty. I did go 1 for 1 on a big turkey this morning, pictures to follow on another thread. See you at Hausmann's

Stan Hoover 04-23-2022 08:34 PM

Dean,

This is my first Parker with Laminated Parker barrels, they are quite pretty, but of course I’m biased.

I’m not so sure you wouldn’t have topped my score Harold, I really was struggling to adjust to too many different guns:rolleyes: or that is my excuse

Yes Jay, you’re correct on the yellow shell guns, I hope we can shoot them together at Hausmans.

We had great fun, many beautiful guns and I was able to put faces to names, met a number of fellow Parker members.

Hope to see everyone at Hausmans,

Stan

Kirk Potter 08-13-2022 02:14 PM

Beautiful lifters you guys.. :bowdown:

Dave Noreen 08-14-2022 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phil Carr, what can you tell us about the Baltimore Arms Co. gun in the background in your last picture?

Attachment 109210

Joseph Salomon 08-22-2022 12:45 PM

Hello and good morning Stan, I am new to this and just purchased a 32" 10gauge Damascus Parker Brothers shotgun 1880 date. Where can I get a new stock for it?