Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Let’s see some Lifters! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35039)

Stan Hoover 12-31-2021 03:04 PM

Yellow Shells

Jay,

I believe you mentioned a lifter that used yellow shells and possibly posting some pictures of it, how long must we wait:bowdown:

Stan

Jay Oliver 01-01-2022 11:00 AM

I will Stan, give me another few days and I promise I will post some good pictures when I take it out for some sporting clays on Monday.

As a teaser...it's a grade 2 with 29" Parker made Laminated barrels(letters that way).

I will follow up soon...

Stan Hoover 01-01-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Oliver (Post 351789)
I will Stan, give me another few days and I promise I will post some good pictures when I take it out for some sporting clays on Monday.

As a teaser...it's a grade 2 with 29" Parker made Laminated barrels(letters that way).

I will follow up soon...

I apologize for my impatience, that teaser raised my blood pressure just a little :):)

Jay Oliver 01-02-2022 06:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As promised, here are a few pictures of a 20 gauge Lifter I recently purchased from Josh L. I was going to post some nice outdoor pictures while shooting sporting clays tomorrow, but the weather isn't looking too good here in southern New England. These inside pictures do not do the gun justice, but I wanted to at least share a few.

This is a Grade 2 Equivalent with factory 29" Parker made Laminated Steel barrels. LOP is a 14 3/8" and it weighs 6lbs 5oz. The chokes are almost the same in both barrels at IC/IC. This gun was restored at some point, but not recently. I have shot it at some clays and hope to get out on a preserve hunt in the next week or two(where I will get some great pictures).

I will bring it to the shoot at Major Waldron's on 1/17.

Mills Morrison 01-02-2022 06:38 PM

What a beautiful gun!

Stan Hoover 01-02-2022 09:01 PM

Are you sure those barrels are original length, You could just send it my way since I doubt those barrels are original and I’m sure you don’t want it if it’s not original:rotf:

Sweet lifter there Jay, thanks for sharing,

Stan

todd allen 01-03-2022 12:19 PM

An early 0 Frame 20 gauge Lifter!
I will be wandering around all day in stunned amazement after seeing that!
Jay, that's a beauty! Thanks for sharing.

Jim Wescott 01-08-2022 08:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Our favorite Parkers are lifters. We have some great wild turkey recipes, for both the guns and the dinner table.

Stan Hoover 01-08-2022 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great pictures there Jim!

2 more pictures,
1 is the 8 gauge with some SD pheasants in 2020
2 is a photo op of the Lifter family

Dean Romig 01-08-2022 05:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a magnificent example of seller's remorse. I owned this beautiful D Lifter 12 gauge on the 1-frame for only 5 or 6 years and to this day I can't remember why I ever sold it... but I wish I hadn't. Magnificent engraving!!