Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BHE questions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38854)

Brian Dudley 03-31-2023 08:43 PM

That is a pretty full comb for a B grade. But it is not as full as the letter makes it seem.

Phillip Carr 03-31-2023 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I pulled the trigger guard as I was curious as to what I would find. I believe it is a factory stock but very well may have been sent back for a replacement. I dont feel the stock is dark as requested by the buyer. Also I wonder who Clifford was.
Its been a hundred years so anything is possible. To bad there are not records on any work after initial delivery.

Dean Romig 04-01-2023 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 385817)
The guns trigger may in fact be a Parker factory mechanism. It is hard to tell. But the selector is not factory at least. It could just be a modified version to make it easier to operate for the owner at the time.

The safety button is the later style, which would have come along after the gun was originally made. Also suggesting a return to the factory for its addition. Likely at the same time the single trigger was added.
The gun was made before the first style factory sst was offered.

True about the safety switch. That is the post-1917 style… and no, that is not a Parker Bros. (Meriden) trap comb.

Phillip Carr 04-01-2023 07:26 AM

I don't recall what the trap comb looks like but I reread the letter and it states, extra full comb. So I believe the comb is not s trap comb otherwise they would have written the customers request up as, install Trap comb. Just as Brian observed and Comparing it to other straight grip parkers it is definitely a thicker comb.

Dean Romig 04-01-2023 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Phil, here are a couple of excellent pictures of a trap comb that Randy posted on another thread.

Phillip Carr 04-01-2023 07:57 AM

Thanks Dean. My B definitely does not have a trap comb.

Garry L Gordon 04-01-2023 08:27 AM

My 1918 DHE 20 has an "extra full" comb (as stated in the letter). It does not look like my 1924 gun which resembles what Randy/Dean posted. It could be that the option evolved over time, or that there is a difference between the two -- extra full v. trap. Unfortunately, my 1924 gun has no surviving records, so I don't know what the comb style was called.

Chuck Bishop 04-01-2023 11:19 AM

Could it be that the comb of the stock has been sanded down from the original dimensions of 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" to what Phil measured at 1 1/2" x 2 1/4"? It just looks a little odd but it could just be the angle of the picture.

Dean Romig 04-01-2023 11:38 AM

Could be Chuck, but doing so would require the butt plate be replaced with one about 3/4” shorter.

Brian Dudley 04-01-2023 11:55 AM

I think we simply are not seeing enough of the gun to come up with a very informed opinion.