Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New owner of 28 Parker Repro (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36902)

Jim Starr 07-20-2022 08:54 PM

New owner of 28 Parker Repro

Hi -- As the title states, I just purchased a 28 gauge Parker Reproduction and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. The gun has 26" barrels choked IC/M, PG, ST and splinter forearm. The gun itself is in excellent condition -- no discernible wear at all on the metal but the wood has a couple of small rub marks (no dents or scratches). The biggest problem is with the case. First, I think they came with a canvas outer case which I did not get. Second, the outside of the leather case is in good shape but the inside could use some help. There are 2 wood blocks that hold the receiver in place and these are loose (unglued). The same thing for square compartment that I think is for an oil bottle. I also did not receive the oil bottle or snap caps. Were these usually supplied with the gun? Finally, the felt itself is not in great shape. it's not torn up but pretty dirty. I'm wondering if there is anybody that could restore a case like this. I purchased this gun locally and think I got a pretty fair deal at $3500. I would like to get the case into as good a condition as the gun.

Bob Hayes 07-20-2022 09:36 PM

Great deal congratulations you'll love the gun.Yes someone will come along shortly and give a contact.Also case come up for sale often on this site.You can also get replacements for the utility stuff at Jeff's.
Enjoy
Pictures?

Kenny Graft 07-21-2022 06:19 AM

At some point the gun was shipped inside the maker case. The package was dropped, thrown around or fell off the truck??? Gun shifted and did the damage. Some of the last guns sold did not get outer canvas covers, probably did not have as many covers as they had cases. Most sets had an owner's booklet, PR maker case label, key set with leather fob, set of chrome PR snap caps. Some early guns set I see with other items such as oil bottle, Emembi maker case tags, cleaning rod set and tool ends. At any rate....you got a very good buy, and I would find a replacement case for her. Try e-bay, this sight and G.I. They do pop up at about 400.00 to 500.00 now days. Enjoy (-: SXS Ohio

mikeschneider 07-21-2022 01:36 PM

Snap caps can be found online if you search a bit..$50? $40?

mikeschneider 07-21-2022 01:38 PM

CSMC has snapcaps

Donovan Kirkpatrick 07-21-2022 06:16 PM

Matthew Hanson (608 628 2019) does an excellent repair on cases. Reasonable price. quick turn around and an all-around nice guy.
mjhanson02@hotmail.com. Probably a good idea to email him pictures and tell him what you desire.

allen newell 07-22-2022 10:28 AM

Jim, at that price you got a steal! congrats. 28's are fun to handle and shoot. I have 2 grandsons who shoot with me. I can't get them to shoot any of my 20 ga Parkers. They just want to shoot my 28 ga Beretta O/U.

allen newell 01-17-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 368262)
Jim, at that price you got a steal! congrats. 28's are fun to handle and shoot. I have 2 grandsons who shoot with me. I can't get them to shoot any of my 20 ga Parkers. They just want to shoot my 28 ga Beretta O/U.

Now they can shoot the 28 Repro that I just bought