Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WL&Moore inventory (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38377)

Richard Flanders 02-01-2023 10:44 AM

WL&Moore inventory

WLM has way more Parkers on their site than I've ever seen before, and some very nice ones.

Arthur Shaffer 02-02-2023 07:28 AM

It seems to me that there are a lot of Parkers for sale in a lot of places right now, compared to a year ago.

John Davis 02-02-2023 07:44 AM

Ebb and flow.

Mike Koneski 02-02-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Davis (Post 381292)
Ebb and flow.

For the AH Fox shooters out there, "ebb and flow" means coming and going or decline and regrowth. Just sayin'.

John Albano 02-02-2023 09:31 AM

Flow could also be read as another old collector died.

Dean Romig 02-02-2023 09:34 AM

Or it could mean some folks have decided through necessity to liquidate their collections.

John Albano 02-02-2023 09:51 AM

I decided to reduce the number of Foxes in my safe and sold several in the last couple of years. I didn’t think I needed that many guns with my number of birthdays. I wound up adding an English gun and a couple of Parker’s. Eve always seems to point out another apple on the tree.

keavin nelson 02-02-2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Albano (Post 381312)
I decided to reduce the number of Foxes in my safe and sold several in the last couple of years. I didn’t think I needed that many guns with my number of birthdays. I wound up adding an English gun and a couple of Parker’s. Eve always seems to point out another apple on the tree.

Having an Eve character involved in anything is going to make it more expensive!!!:rolleyes:

Chris Pope 02-02-2023 06:01 PM

When I was much younger I'd almost get mad and thought it was sacrilegious watching old guys allow a big inventory of fine shotguns build up in their safes. I couldn't afford them so used to encourage the old goats to unload these lonely fine pieces at more affordable prices. After all these American masterpieces were not being allowed to do what they were designed and built to do! Awesome handmade machines that worked at -20 F or 110 F, or rain or snow ! I knew these "collectors" couldn't have possibly used them but rather just drank whiskey and would occasionally open the safe and look at them...
...now I'm turning into one...and I blame this marvelous discussion board. (:

Garry L Gordon 02-02-2023 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Pope (Post 381355)
When I was much younger I'd almost get mad and thought it was sacrilegious watching old guys allow a big inventory of fine shotguns build up in their safes. I couldn't afford them so used to encourage the old goats to unload these lonely fine pieces at more affordable prices. After all these American masterpieces were not being allowed to do what they were designed and built to do! Awesome handmade machines that worked at -20 F or 110 F, or rain or snow ! I knew these "collectors" couldn't have possibly used them but rather just drank whiskey and would occasionally open the safe and look at them...
...now I'm turning into one...and I blame this marvelous discussion board. (:

I like your post, Chris. I'm an old goat (not the Tom Brady type) and have a few guns in my safes. I shoot them all, and I don't drink whiskey. They are indeed awesome "machines" and worth a spin every so often...or 30-50 days a season(!). There are pathways for a generation of vintage gun fanciers. We are on ours and it's similar to those that have come before us...with our own little twists.

However the guns become available, it's a blessing when they do.