Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Custom Fox (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33757)

john pulis 04-24-2022 07:53 AM

What a talented artisan. The engraving is just magnificent as is the wood and the completed project. Congrats to both you and Chris D. Enjoy.

Garry L Gordon 04-24-2022 08:43 AM

A gun to make any shooter proud.

Reggie Bishop 04-24-2022 01:43 PM

Beautiful gun Phil!

Jim McKee 04-24-2022 03:25 PM

WOW----------

Phil,
WOW, WOW & more WOW!!
Jim

Larry Stauch 04-24-2022 04:23 PM

Fantastic Fox!

We all want a special gun, but sometimes we have trouble envisioning what it would be. What the engraving would look like. What the figure in the wood would look like. Congratulations to you and Chris on achieving the objective of a truly fantastic gun that any of us would be proud and thrilled to own. Just beautiful on every account.

P.S. Go for the Huey case. The all out gun deserves the all out case.
You won't regret it.

Phillip Carr 04-25-2022 01:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you guys for the positive feedback. I looking forward to getting this gun out and putting some history on it.
That way when Brady Rose learns to shoot it and eventually inherits it she will know this was PAPA’s gun and he used it.
I aged this picture a little.

A real plus, Rose loves Bird dogs.

Phillip Carr 07-29-2022 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well the FOX jumped over the border and landed in Tucson at my gun dealer today. Just one quick picture, with more to follow. Called my friend Dave that raises game birds and asked him to meet me tomorrow with some Chucker’s at our training area South of Tucson. Will shoot some birds over the dogs in the morning. I need to start putting some provenance on this gun for my granddaughter. Thursday will shoot some clay pigeons and some Z birds. With a quick trip to the dairy very soon for some Eurasian dove and pigeons.
I like the looks of the Parker repro case so I will have one I own modified. They look a lot like the Vintage A&F cases. I also have in the works a custom tooled Leather slip case by my friends that in the day made leather hunting gear for A&F.
A Special thanks to Chris Dawe who’s hard work, skills and patience went into making my dream Arizona Quail gun.
5 lbs 15 Oz 28” ejector 20 gauge FOX.

Wayne Owens 07-29-2022 08:35 PM

Looks fantastic!

Stan Hillis 07-30-2022 06:05 AM

Happy for you, Phil. May it shoot as good for you as it looks.

Maybe someday when we're visiting our son in Tucson we can get together and I can see it in person. it's a beauty.

Garry L Gordon 07-30-2022 06:24 AM

Let the provenance begin! Put some good memories on that beauty asap, Phil. It sure looks like a bird getter.

For the hunter who's also a gun lover, is there any time better than a first hunt/first bird with a "new" gun?