Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   No New Year's Parade in North Missouri...BUT (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38160)

Garry L Gordon 01-02-2023 09:13 AM

No New Year's Parade in North Missouri...BUT

7 Attachment(s)
...we had some fireworks in the form of burnt powder in pursuit of wild Missouri Bobs. After a week of long, bird-less hunts, our spirits were dragging. So, we were desperate to find a covey or two on our traditional New Year's Eve and New Year's Day hunts. On both occasions we hunted hard and thought to again go home without a chance when each dog "pulled a covey out of their hats" that gave us our chance. My Christmas present from Elaine -- an AHE 12 -- made me a better shooter, and we came home with the gifts that are wild birds taken from home covers.

Here's to the new year!

Aaron Beck 01-02-2023 09:23 AM

Beautiful and inspiring country! Looks relatively mild as well. Enjoy the rest of the season

Garry L Gordon 01-02-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Beck (Post 379012)
Beautiful and inspiring country! Looks relatively mild as well. Enjoy the rest of the season

Thanks, Aaron. New Year’s Eve was 55 degrees. A week earlier on Christmas Eve, it was minus 12. Gather ye hunts while ye may.

Reggie Bishop 01-02-2023 10:06 AM

Beautiful country, dogs and Parker! Thanks again for sharing your hunts with us! Bittersweet for me as I recall hunts from my past.

Garry L Gordon 01-02-2023 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 379018)
Beautiful country, dogs and Parker! Thanks again for sharing your hunts with us! Bittersweet for me as I recall hunts from my past.

Reggie, I still recall your poignant piece in our Parker Pages from a few years back. It seems we all lose our treasured places as the years go by. The place may still be there, but without the birds, the treasure is lost.

Karl Ferguson 01-02-2023 12:46 PM

Garry, It just doesn't get any better than to be able to enjoy the beautiful country side with your dogs, a beautiful Parker and your best friend by your side... Thanks Elaine for the great pics

Craig Larter 01-02-2023 06:12 PM

Beautiful birds, country and Parker AH! Nice to see it out in the field. Your a blessed man lovely wife, guns and pups. Enjoy 2023

charlie cleveland 01-02-2023 07:00 PM

nothing like takeing wild birds on your home fields...its been many years since I ve shot a bird on our fields....charlie

Reggie Bishop 01-02-2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 379058)
nothing like takeing wild birds on your home fields...its been many years since I ve shot a bird on our fields....charlie

Charlie it’s obvious you are a Southern gentleman. When us Southerners talk about “birds” we know that means bobwhite quail!

Jerry Harlow 01-02-2023 09:21 PM

Gary,

I am envious because as you well know, the Old Dominion was once like those photos, but it is "Gone With the Wind."