Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PARKER PAGES (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36469)

Gary Carmichael Sr 05-24-2022 03:38 PM

PARKER PAGES

My new issue of the Parker Pages came today, some great articles, I especially liked the one by Phil Yearout "But If You Carry A Shotgun They Think Your OK" Gary

Craig Larter 05-24-2022 05:08 PM

My copy came yesterday. Great job by all the authors. Garry it is always interesting to read how others approach collecting Parkers. I must say I fall more in line with your approach versus the non-user type collector. All the other articles were well done and very interesting, one of the best issues yet in my opinion. Thanks Craig

Bruce Hering 05-24-2022 11:53 PM

Nice job Mr. Gordon. I really liked it.....

CraigThompson 05-25-2022 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Larter (Post 364377)
My copy came yesterday. Great job by all the authors. Garry it is always interesting to read how others approach collecting Parkers. I must say I fall more in line with your approach versus the non-user type collector. All the other articles were well done and very interesting, one of the best issues yet in my opinion. Thanks Craig

I know this sounds like a broken record and no offense to those that don’t shoot them , but anything I buy I plan to use . All be it maybe sporadically but I plan on using each and everyone I acquire .

Randy G Roberts 05-25-2022 07:52 AM

Mine came yesterday as well. The cover was instantly recognizable to some of us who attend the Southern and chat with Eric. He displays those long barrel Parkers and has a real nice selection of collectibles and ephemera as can be seen on the cover. This evening I hope to get some reading done. BTW I have already tried talking Eric out of those Parkers which was a no go :)

Robert Brooks 05-25-2022 08:19 AM

Really enjoyed all the articles! Bobby

Andrew Sacco 05-25-2022 08:40 AM

Great issue, and great writing by all who contributed. Another outstanding product by our editors.

Dean Romig 05-25-2022 10:38 AM

Mine arrived on Monday and as usual, I read "Parkers In Pulp" first. I'm never disappointed with this column by John Davis and this one in particular really got the juices flowing!
"Why?" you might ask... Because the vast majority of it was about Parker Bros. shotguns and the 1893 World's Fair Columbian Exposition and that is important to me because I very recently found out through a PGCA Research Letter that the 16 ga. GH I bought almost twenty years ago was made for the 1893 Columbian exposition! That being the case, it would not be far-fetched to imagine that out of 100 Parkers on display there it may have been the only 16 gauge GH in the Parker Bros display and was very likely handled a number of times by duBray or Tucker while passing it to interested prospects.

Thank You so much John!! :bowdown:

Now to read the rest of my new Parker Pages. :cool:

John Davis 05-25-2022 11:08 AM

Dean, Leffingwell may have fondled your gun as well.

Richard Flanders 05-25-2022 11:20 AM

Mine will arrive pretty soon. As for carrying a shotgun, the quickest way to get a ride when you're hitch hiking in Alaska is to have an open S/S slung over your shoulder, waders, and a full backpack on your back. Everyone wants to know "where did you hunt and how'd you do?" Sure worked for me when I'd park my car, float a creek hunting then hitch back to the car and go get the boat.