Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DGJ Index III (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41277)

Phil Yearout 02-19-2024 07:14 PM

DGJ Index III

It sounds like the index is still in limbo pending sufficient pre-orders. According to Daniel they must have enough $ to pay the printer up-front. I have no idea where they are with this or how much money it will take; didn't feel it was my place to ask.

Personally I would like to see a third index and I think it will be a shame if it doesn't happen. If you'd like to see it too and haven't ordered I urge you to go ahead and place an order; it's not a lot of money - the price of a few boxes of shells maybe.

If any of you would post on other relevant sites that would be great. Our last chance for a publication from these folks who have given so much to the double gun community. JMO.

Russ Jackson 02-19-2024 07:35 PM

I thought it was a GO ! , I ordered mine as soon as I received my notification ! I hope also they get enough orders !

Rick Losey 02-19-2024 07:45 PM

ok -

so how will using the credit owed help pay the advance to the printer?

Phil Yearout 02-19-2024 08:11 PM

If you have enough credit to pay for the whole thing I guess it won't.

Bill Murphy 02-20-2024 09:37 AM

Daniel has had my money for some time.

Brian Dudley 02-20-2024 09:41 AM

What a ridiculous way to do business.

Phil Yearout 02-20-2024 10:34 AM

Pre-selling a book is fairly common in the publishing industry, especially when the book is particularly expensive to produce, as this one will be. And let's remember, this is not a big publishing house we're dealing with here.

Ken Hill 02-22-2024 07:16 PM

This is the latest post on the DGJ Facebook page. Looks like the publication is moving along with a slight delay.

“ We have extended the deadline to order The Double Gun Journal- Index & Reader Vol. 3 at the pre-publication price. By April 1st is now the extended deadline for these orders, and the books should be published and delivered to us for shipping by or before the end of that month. Of course we will continue to accept orders after 1 April 2024, but since the printing will take place soon after that date, the supply will then be limited to the number not already pre-ordered and set for delivery. Please direct all questions concerning the above, to Daniel Côté via this page or to: danieljoanna1945@gmail.com

Ken

Frank Srebro 04-01-2024 03:19 PM

Any update on the current promise for the end of the month (April)?

Bill Murphy 04-02-2024 11:50 AM

Pre selling is normally referring to dealer orders, not individual orders. Without a magazine to advertise for this Volume 3, orders may be a bit slow coming. Not everyone is a participant on a collector's forum. I'll be waiting patiently for the end of April to see what happens.