Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Consecutive Serial Numbers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38230)

Wayne Owens 01-11-2023 07:31 PM

Consecutive Serial Numbers

I am curious. If you came across a nice Parker for sale that has a consecutive serial number with your favorite Parker that is a family gun, would the serial number make any difference to you to purchase it? The Parker found matches it's letter exactly but is a different grade, gauge and is hammerless not a hammer gun like your favorite. It wasn't ordered by the same person either. I'm just wondering what others think.

Steve Huffman 01-11-2023 08:05 PM

I passed on a gun same as this now if was the same gun and all yes, I would buy

CraigThompson 01-11-2023 08:12 PM

If I liked and could afford I’d purchase . If it didn’t appeal to me I’d leave it alone .

Dean Romig 01-11-2023 08:55 PM

Well we know someone who believed so....

Gary Carmichael owns a AA Hammer gun and found a consecutively serial-numbered AAHE hammerless and he bought it and they now reside in the same custom made oak and leather case.

Stan Hoover 01-11-2023 09:44 PM

I think owning consecutive serial #'d guns is neat, but that's just me:)

I own two set's of Ithaca NID's that are consectively #'d, 2 fully optioned 4E 20 gauges and then a 3E and 7E 12 gauge. Often wondered if they shared time on the work benches up there in Ithaca, probably did. I really need to do letters on the the 2 - 20's, maybe ordered together.

Don't own any consecutive Parkers, hopefully some day.

CraigThompson 01-11-2023 10:22 PM

I fanagaled a VH 20 32” from a friend a month or two ago . He bought it with another VH 20 32” at the same time and they are consecutive number guns .

J. Scott Hanes 01-11-2023 10:56 PM

I own a 20 gauge with serial # just preceding a 12 gauge that I know of that is for sale.

Problem is that 12 gauge was owned by a famous skeet shooter who ordered a PAIR of 24" barreled, 12 and 28 gauge, consecutive numbered Parkers. The current owner does not want to break up the set! :)

CraigThompson 01-11-2023 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Scott Hanes (Post 379797)
I own a 20 gauge with serial # just preceding a 12 gauge that I know of that is for sale.

Problem is that 12 gauge was owned by a famous skeet shooter who ordered a PAIR of 24" barreled, 12 and 28 gauge, consecutive numbered Parkers. The current owner does not want to break up the set! :)

I never had a 24” skeet gun , oh wait you didn’t mean me :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Mike Franzen 01-12-2023 06:37 AM

I had the opportunity years ago and passed. I’ve moved on but every now and then something like this thread pops up and I get a little twinge of regret. I think if it makes you happy, gives you something to talk about and show to your buds then why not. Just don’t overpay too drastically because then you taint the nectar.

Brian Dudley 01-12-2023 07:12 AM

Unless they were originally ordered together as a pair for the same customer, then it really does not add any value. Except for those who may think it is neat and have the desire to have two guns with consecutive numbers.