Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   SA1 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10318)

J. Scott Hanes 11-28-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 376372)
Keep in mind that leather faced silvers type pads were also very common. Leather FACED, not leather COVERED.

Brian, would you say the same about a Hawkins pad on a Parker?

Brian Dudley 12-02-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Scott Hanes (Post 376454)
Brian, would you say the same about a Hawkins pad on a Parker?

I dont understand the question.

Bill Murphy 12-03-2022 10:54 AM

I have an early SC with a very professional leather covered, not faced, pad. The letter specifies a "deluxe pad". I think I have a factory leather covered pad.

J. Scott Hanes 12-03-2022 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 376372)
Keep in mind that leather faced silvers type pads were also very common. Leather FACED, not leather COVERED.

Brian, have you also seen a Hawkins leather-faced pad on a Parker?

Tom Kidd 12-18-2022 11:01 AM

Parker SBT recoil pads

4 Attachment(s)
FYI! Lets not forget the Jostem Hy-Gun pads that were also used by Parker, and this one is not leather faced and on an original untouched BHE DBT. Serial 228351. The Jostem was/is also pictured in early Parker Literature/Catalogs.

All the Best to All during these Holiday Seasons, Tom

P.S.: Oh, an Absolutely Awesome A1-S

Tom Kidd 12-19-2022 08:05 AM

SA1

Good Morning Again,

I have been asked to post the passenger side of the stock on the BHE DBT, so here it is. As W.O. Odem used to say: 'Ther ain't no flies on tat summabitch'

Again, All the Best to Everyone during these Holiday Seasons. Tom

P.S.: Oh, Mr. Davis, yes this is the Parker I brought up to Housman's for you to shoot, but your preset shooting program/schedule caused you to miss out, but cheer up, you can get a chance next year if you like. It is one of my best shooting trap guns along with my M grade Single. I have a Fox Trapper DBT, that I don't do that well with, but also have an incredible original FE DBT that shoots as good as the BHE. Now, to find a SA1 to go along with my M grade! Ha, I haven't handled one for sale in 60yrs, so I doubt I will satisfy that itch at this late date; but 'hope springs eternal'. Sorry to steal the thread!! Now,no matter what I do I can't add any files??? I will try and add in another reply.

Tom Kidd 12-19-2022 08:07 AM

SA1

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is!!

Reggie Bishop 12-19-2022 08:21 AM

That BHE is wonderful!!

CraigThompson 12-19-2022 09:41 AM

AHFOXMAN , I’d love to see how your BHE fairs in the boxbird ring . I’ve never been a fan of a cheek piece on a shotgun but I imagine with a mounted gun it should be fine . Merry Christmas !

GunnerGrilli 12-19-2022 11:35 AM

That BHE is stunning.......................and Elmer Keith's Gun on top of that. Just WOW!!

Thank you so much for sharing. I know some Fast Draw guys that would love to own that gun!!!!!

Thanks,

Bobby