Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Am I the First?? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39274)

Dean Romig 05-25-2023 11:24 AM

Am I the First??

Parker Pages Vol. 30, Issue 2 Summer 2023 Just arrived in my mailbox.

And by golly, Mike Franzen has picked up his camera and pen and has a new episode of "Parker Chronicles" in this issue titled "Missouri Bird Hunter" and I can't wait to read it!!

And OMGoodness... I just read Art's article "Corey Ford's GHE 12-Gauge Parker" first because there are so many anecdotes Art has included in his article that are so very familiar to me. For instance, I admired and "hefted" That gun when I hunted with Art and the Old Pats Society and the current owner of the Ford Parker last October in Maine. (Ed Belak had offered the gun to me back before he contacted Art but the asking price was a bit beyond what I could afford at the time considering I had just bought my little VHE 28 ga. Skeet gun.

And another For Instance, my Grace is a Twombly Setter and her sire was Coronation's Earl (after Earl Twombly) The current Coronation Kennel's owner is Legh Higgins along with his wife Jenn. Legh is Earl Twombly's grandson. (Coronation Kennels is now in Lowell, VT).

Thanks Art for bringing this all back to us! This issue will be a treasure for me to keep!!

Greg Baehman 05-25-2023 11:32 AM

You might be among the early birds Dean, but you're not the earliest -- I received mine yesterday May 24th. Yet another great issue!

Dean Romig 05-25-2023 12:13 PM

:clap:...:cheers:

Dave Noreen 05-25-2023 02:31 PM

I didn't check the mail yesterday, but it was there today.

Harold Lee Pickens 05-25-2023 04:08 PM

Got mine today in West Virginia. Beautiful cover photo by Frank Sebro!
Looks like I'll be reading it after my tennis match tonight--along with some amber liquid.

Pete Lester 05-25-2023 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 389234)

And OMGoodness... I just read Art's article "Corey Ford's GHE 12-Gauge Parker" first because there are so many anecdotes Art has included in his article that are so very familiar to me. For instance, I admired and "hefted" That gun when I hunted with Art and the Old Pats Society and the current owner of the Ford Parker last October in Maine. (Ed Belak had offered the gun to me back before he contacted Art but the asking price was a bit beyond what I could afford at the time considering I had just bought my little VHE 28 ga. Skeet gun.

You could have sold a kidney and you would have had both. :rotf:

Bill Murphy 05-25-2023 05:59 PM

Dean, I would have loaned you money on your 28 gauge VHE skeet if that would have helped you with the Corey Ford gun. The main problem is that Art Wheaton didn't mention the only Corey Ford Lower Forty column that includes a Parker shotgun. Art? Dean?

Andrew Sacco 05-25-2023 07:58 PM

I got mine last March

Dean Romig 05-25-2023 09:12 PM

Yes Bill, as I remember it was a .410 that was eventually and justifiably used to blast a fine pair of salt & pepper shakers.

Michael Moffa 05-25-2023 09:34 PM

Made it to Auburn today, this issue was very nicely done!