Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Speaking of the "Gold Hearts Gun" (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6983)

Dave Suponski 04-29-2012 10:58 PM

Speaking of the "Gold Hearts Gun"

5 Attachment(s)
Dean mentioned the Gold Hearts Gun in another thread. I had a chance to visit with her and the owner this past weekend in Sanford. This gun has been mentioned here several times and was the subject of a past Parker Pages article. Here for your viewing pleasure...

Dean Romig 04-30-2012 05:28 AM

Now there's a "back and forth" gun if I ever saw one.

Robert Delk 04-30-2012 08:16 AM

Wow! Well worth the wait for a look at this unique piece of Parker craftsmanship.

Russ Jackson 04-30-2012 08:29 AM

Wow , Very Very Nice Bill !:bowdown: That is a beautiful and very unique gun ! Does anyone know where Parker 64248 is which is mentioned in the letter and is it of the same ornamentation ? It is listed in the book as D3 ,10 Ga. ? Russ

Bill Murphy 04-30-2012 08:42 AM

Don't know where DH #64,248 is. However, I have a letter on it. It is also in pigeon configuration, with no extension rib and no safety, if I remember correctly. It was made as a ten and later had twelve gauge barrels installed. It was apparently made for the person mentioned on the order for the Gold Hearts gun. The stock dimensions for the Gold Hearts gun were radically different, obviously made for a different person, although the same person placed the order. The modification of the stock mentioned in the letter was never done, the present stock dimensions being identical to the dimensions mentioned in the order, 1 1/8 drop at comb, and 2 1/8 drop at heel. #64,248 does not have the gold ornamentation, at least not mentioned in the order. I would be very interested in seeing this gun, a DH ten, twelve, or both.

John Truitt 04-30-2012 08:57 AM

Mr. Murphy,
What is the unstruck weigth stamped on the 34" barrels? (if you dont mind sharing/ me asking)

Bill Murphy 04-30-2012 09:09 AM

The 34" Parker Special Steel barrels are marked 4-9. The 30" Damascus barrels are marked 4-7. The gun was built for either forend to fit on either set of barrels, which helps in changing the balance at will. John, I wish I had thought to have you shoot a round of 5 stand with the 34" barrels.

Eric Eis 04-30-2012 12:30 PM

Sometimes people ask me why I say "Never say never if you are talking about a Parker and if they did this or that" Bill's Parker answers all of those questions.....:shock:

Bill Murphy 04-30-2012 05:12 PM

I am a little late mentioning that our friend, Daryl Middlebrook, negotiated the sale of this gun to me. Without his assistance, this gun would probably be a set of 34" PSS barrels installed on another gun with the rest of the gun parted out and salvaged for the little bit of gold.

Richard B. Hoover 04-30-2012 11:14 PM

Beautiful!