Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   16 ga Repro (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15822)

Scot Cardillo 07-28-2015 03:07 PM

Thank you Dean..I thought it was in there somewhere (2K's)

I had tried to get this info from CSMC and the young lady I spoke with explained that she did not have that info..I did not pursue it beyond that.

What was most interesting - she explained that they still offer them. It was my understanding that this project had come and gone so I was surprised.

Obvious next question to her - how much and how long?

$4995.00..didn't get a lead time.

Who makes them? - Remington

I am not convinced I was receiving accurate info. but who knows..

Dean Romig 07-28-2015 06:40 PM

No - you were not given accurate information. It is very frustrating to have to deal with untrained service personnel.

Rich Anderson 07-28-2015 07:06 PM

Where does Galazan get the barrels from? Do they make them there selves? I know when the 16/20 sets were originally offered the 16ga barrels came from Kreighoff in Germany.

Scot Cardillo 07-28-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 173638)
Where does Galazan get the barrels from? Do they make them there selves? I know when the 16/20 sets were originally offered the 16ga barrels came from Kreighoff in Germany.

I'm convinced it was misinformation that I recently received which is why I didn't pursue the issue any further. It just took me by surprise b/c she offered that up without my even asking.

PLEASE NOTE*

So I am not responsible for spreading mis-information..I DO NOT believe I was given accurate or reliable information and I DO NOT believe that barrels are again available.

Greg Baehman 07-28-2015 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've saved most of the Galazan catalogs. In the three most recent catalogs that I've received from Galazan, catalogs #16, 17 & 18 Parker shotgun barrels are listed as being available. There's no mention of who makes them or where they come from. Here is a pic of the most recent listing taken from Catalog #18 on page 107.

Scot Cardillo 07-28-2015 07:56 PM

...perhaps I should have been more responsive to her and not been so quick to dismiss.

I stand corrected & if that is true I see a set of .410 bbls in my future.

Thank you Greg

Rich Anderson 07-28-2015 08:14 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath for a set of 410 barrels.

Dean Romig 07-28-2015 10:08 PM

I see they got wise and say that they "offer NO fitting service." I had them fit mine and had problems from the get-go with the BTFE falling off with about every third shot. I never sent the gun back to correct the problem as I lost faith after their first try. I eventually sold the 16 ga. barrels to a friend here.

Scot Cardillo 07-29-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 173646)
I wouldn't hold my breath for a set of 410 barrels.

Yeah..I've done some reading through past threads on the subject related to Galazan..ambitious endeavors but sometimes short on follow through is what I gather.

..that's a lot of dough for a set of bbls but still pretty cool that they are available..or so it appears..

Dean Romig 07-29-2015 05:54 PM

Their 16 ga. barrels were something like $1,800 as I remember.