Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Search function ? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35648)

Gary Moses 02-21-2022 10:36 AM

Search function ?

Each time I try to search a forum using the search button at the top of the page a box pops up to insert the text I want to look for. However when I touch that blank box, it closes and reverts to the forum page before I can type in any text.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or what settings need to be adjusted?

John Dunkle 02-21-2022 10:54 AM

Hi Gary,

I tried to reproduce it on the following browsers: Safari, Chrome, Edge and Firefox on both Windows and Mac - and none of them are acting in the way you describe? Can you tell me what system/browser you are using?

Also - does the Advanced Search work on your system:
Advanced Search

Thanks!

John D.

Gary Moses 02-21-2022 11:08 AM

Thanks John for the quick reply.

I'm using Chrome on an Android tablet and found (after your tip) that advanced search does work.

When I get the chance I will try on both my computer and phone to see if it is unique to the tablet, but now I have to plow the drifts of snow! Darned Canuck wind is no fun in Montana right now.

John Dunkle 02-21-2022 11:11 AM

Hi Gary!

I just so happen to have an Android tablet running Chrome as well (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7) - BUT - can't test until later today... I'll let you know what I find out...

In the meantime - send those winds back up North, buddy - and whatever you do - please don't send them East to me!!!! ;)

John

Arthur Shaffer 02-21-2022 11:44 AM

I run android and have found that the system does not act well with popups on certain web sites. For instance, my local bank website has a popup security box to log in and it will not appear. It is only a few random sites, but there seems to be no way around it. I have talked to the bank IT and they have no solution. It is something wired into their site, since Android Chrome works fine with most sites.

John Dunkle 02-22-2022 08:18 AM

Well - that's interesting...!!

Works great on an iPad, works on older Android tablets - BUT - newer Android tablets? Not so much? Not sure if it's Android or a change in the Chromium code - as both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Android) fail on that Search input...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I don't know if there is a fix or not - but....???

John D.

Gary Moses 02-22-2022 08:57 AM

First time it has not been some error on my part. Thanks for sharing John.

I'm on Galaxy Tab A if that helps any.

I can live with using the advanced search function.

Arthur Shaffer 02-22-2022 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Moses (Post 356667)
First time it has not been some error on my part. Thanks for sharing John.

I'm on Galaxy Tab A if that helps any.

I can live with using the advanced search function.

Just as a note in chasing this down, I am also running an older Android tablet.

Mike Koneski 02-24-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dunkle (Post 356620)
Hi Gary!

I just so happen to have an Android tablet running Chrome as well (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7) - BUT - can't test until later today... I'll let you know what I find out...

In the meantime - send those winds back up North, buddy - and whatever you do - please don't send them East to me!!!! ;)

John

The better question is what DON'T you have running??? :eek:

John Dunkle 02-24-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 356829)
The better question is what DON'T you have running??? :eek:

Ummm - OK - got me there..??!!!!!!

:rotf:

Best to you Mike!

John D.