Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Another difficult goodbye (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38242)

William Woods 01-13-2023 03:48 PM

Another difficult goodbye

I am aware that most on this site know how difficult it is to lose their canine partners. I had to have Woods' Flaming Gauge put down on 01/11/23. The issues were numerous, and it would not have been fair to put him through anymore. Gauge was the second partner I have lost in the last ten months after losing Woods' Ace High's Raymond on 03/18/22. I am down to two of my four legged friends and partners now. Woods' Buster Black is sixteen years, nine months and eight days old and was a littermate to Ray. Woods' Flaming Holly who turned eleven on 12/16/22. Holly is the daughter of Gauge, and they go back to my first litter in 1983. I will not bore you with my opinions of these partners, nor of their bloodlines, I ask that if you read this to think fondly of the times you have spent with your hunting companions and remember the ones I have mentioned here as having those glorious days afield.

Jim DiSpagno 01-13-2023 07:31 PM

Prayers to you in this difficult time Bill

Bill Jolliff 01-14-2023 10:50 AM

Bill,

Be sure, your dogs will forgive you for what you have to do. Many of us have been there and will again face that same dreadful decision.

And remember, all good times with our dog's end in tears. Like, right now.

All the best.

Bill

William Woods 01-14-2023 01:16 PM

Thank you Jim.

William Woods 01-14-2023 01:17 PM

Thank you Bill.

Garry L Gordon 01-14-2023 07:28 PM

Excerpted:
Quote:

Originally Posted by William Woods (Post 379889)
I ask that if you read this to think fondly of the times you have spent with your hunting companions and remember the ones I have mentioned here as having those glorious days afield.

William, I will do as you say and think off my hunting companions today and in the past, and hope that your own thoughts of your partners bring you solace.

Phillip Carr 01-15-2023 12:12 AM

Its tough to let one go, and I feel your pain. Soon another young dog hopefully will fill the void in your heart.

Gary Carmichael Sr 01-15-2023 09:15 AM

I Know that it is hard to let them go but sometimes master and dog know that it is time, I sure hope that Rain bow bridge is real, I have several friends to meet there! Gary

allen newell 01-15-2023 10:52 AM

William, we all feel your pain. To come to the realization that its time to put down that partner who has brought you so much joy and wonderful memories is difficult to say the least. But we all can take solace knowing that at the end of the day when its our time to that we will reunite with our partners and other loved ones in that great space beyond.

Jim Kremmel 01-19-2023 07:58 PM

Great dogs are family pure and simple. Actually better than some of my human family. I’m very sorry to hear of your loss.