Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Cup Runneth Over (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37065)

Dan Steingraber 08-12-2022 09:25 PM

My Cup Runneth Over

10 Attachment(s)
Apologies for the long post. It's been a great few weeks for my relatively recent passion Parker collecting. I posted about the special BHE 20 I was blessed to pick up. (By the way, I never mentioned that that gun came to me from fellow Parker member and friend Josh Loewensteiner. I contacted Josh to let him know what I was looking for and in amazingly short order he had one for me) I also shared a great story of a gratious fellow Parker member that sent me a work order tag for a gun I recently bought. I saved the best (for me) for last. On a recent trip to Jaquas I was looking at their selection of 28 gauge Parkers and the one I was hoping to take a run at turned out to be a VH upgraded to a PH and it just didn't feel right. There was another 28 anomaly, a completely restored (likely Delgrego) VH 28 in "like new" condition but the Serialization book listed it as a 12 gauge gun with 28" barrels. I felt like I needed to know a little more before I would take a whack at owning it. I reached out to our crack research department (Chuck) to see if he could shed some light on this lovely little piece of art. A short couple of days later I got the "good news, bad news" email. Apparently a fat fingered German finished his Leberkassemmel and smeared his greasy finger on the order book and as a result the bore and barrel columns of the subject gun and those on either side were illedgible. BUT, there was a work order tag that 100% verified the little beauty righ down to the Round Ball Grip. She's now a member of the family. Attachment 109176

Attachment 109177

Attachment 109178

Attachment 109179

Attachment 109180

Attachment 109181

Attachment 109182

Attachment 109183

Attachment 109184

Attachment 109185

Donald F. Mills 08-12-2022 09:41 PM

Great find Dan. Doing the research always pays off. I bet she will be a dream to shoot.

Chuck Bishop 08-12-2022 11:58 PM

It's rare that I get a hit on Work Order Tags but Dan got lucky, not 1 but 2 in short order. My thanks to the individual who donated the tag to Dan.

Daryl Corona 08-13-2022 07:59 AM

Nice score Dan, and a ball grip to boot. Chuck is always on the ball.:) Enjoy.

Dan Steingraber 08-13-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 369588)
It's rare that I get a hit on Work Order Tags but Dan got lucky, not 1 but 2 in short order. My thanks to the individual who donated the tag to Dan.

Thanks for all you do Chuck. When I was a young adult it occured to me that I was a pretty lucky young man to have survived my misspent youth relatively unscathed. Within a few short years as I married my high school sweetheart and started a family I realized it was much more significant than luck and that I was truly blessed and I am incredibly thankful for it as my blessings continue.

John Albano 08-13-2022 10:09 AM

Josh certainly has a knack for finding the good stuff. I enjoy dealing with him. John

keavin nelson 08-13-2022 10:11 AM

Nice find Dan, and with great dimensions according to the tag, should be a great shooter.

john pulis 08-13-2022 03:19 PM

Congrats.

Mike Koneski 08-13-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber (Post 369593)
When I was a young adult it occurred to me that I was a pretty lucky young man to have survived my misspent youth relatively unscathed. Within a few short years as I married my high school sweetheart and started a family I realized it was much more significant than luck and that I was truly blessed and I am incredibly thankful for it as my blessings continue.

Dan, I am 100% with you on the misspent youth theme!! Fortunately for PGCA our members didn't know me 40 years ago!!! :shock: I didn't marry my HS sweetheart though, I married my babysitter!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

todd allen 08-13-2022 04:37 PM

Nice timing, with the dove season a little over 2 weeks out.
Time to go out and get some practice with the new guns.