Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Quail and Friends (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35419)

Bruce Day 02-01-2022 07:07 PM

Quail and Friends

11 Attachment(s)
Closed the season yesterday , all wild birds in decent numbers. Good friends , temperatures up to 70 and starting at 25. We are the only ones to hunt this ground . A great time with friends.

Victor Wasylyna 02-01-2022 07:15 PM

A motley crew!

-Victor

Steve Huffman 02-01-2022 08:03 PM

What happened to the dogs leg ?

Bruce Day 02-01-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Huffman (Post 354761)
What happened to the dogs leg ?

Barbed wire cut. It did not stop her.

Reggie Bishop 02-02-2022 06:16 AM

Thanks Bruce, your hunting trips and related photos are always a pleasure!

Bruce Day 02-02-2022 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Reggie . In just a couple short months the motley crew will be beating the water for trout on the San Juan . Then to Canada and Alaska. So go the seasons . I am grateful to have such fine friends.

Bruce Day 02-02-2022 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more. At the local FFA fundraiser auction , which brought in about $40,000 for the youth , Brian was fortunate to win this fine collectible Mexican glass cowboy boot full of tequila . Brian is moving to Houston and I’m sure this artistic achievement will occupy a prominent place in his new home .

Harold Lee Pickens 02-02-2022 12:39 PM

Ouch, my Doodle dog cut her front leg the first day in South Dakota 2 weeks ago, came back all bloody , but just a tear in the skin, not into the faschia or muscle. I put 1 stich in it that night and she was fine. I wouldnt attempt one that looked like that. Better have Birddogdoc in your hunting crew.
Congrats Brian on the move to Texas, may you have plenty of bird hunting opportunities there.

Brian Hornacek 02-02-2022 09:00 PM

Oklahoma was big fun, Doc, Russ, Tom and Bruce as always were a pleasure. Bruce’s dogs Fielder and Bert were the stars of the show. Bailey is back in action after leg surgery and never missed a beat. Archie proved himself in finding a bird on the dead command that we all thought was lost. Bruce showed us again he can handle a gun in the field with the best of them, Tom and Doc each made a shot that a circus contortionist would have been impressed with each spinning around 180 deg. It was great to see Russ connect with his PH 20 gauge with rare and unusual factory laminate barrels.

Until the next time.

Shane Jennings 02-03-2022 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hunting quail with good dogs is about as good as life gets. My wife and I bought some land last fall. My son took his pup out earlier this week to see if he could get her on some quail. She's a pudelpointer, still not a year old. She's done impressively well this year hunting dove and ducks. This was her first experience with quail. He said she froze and pointed the first covey she found, and he was able to flush and take one. They got onto a single, and he killed another one for her to retrieve.

It's just a small place - 63 acres. But it's cool to have wild quail. If only he'd been carrying one of my Parkers. :)