Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NY is a joke. Lead hunting ammo ban. (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36038)

Andrew Sacco 04-01-2022 09:37 AM

NY is a joke. Lead hunting ammo ban.

Not an April fools joke, but wish it was. A5728 just passed the Assembly banning the use of lead for hunting on public lands in NY State. I know the sponsor, Debbie Glick, she's a piece of excrement in so many ways they can't be counted. It's safe to say this will pass the Senate and be signed into law. A call to my senator hasn't been answered yet.

Mike Koneski 04-01-2022 11:28 AM

And guys wonder why I do as little in NY state as I have to. MD,NY and NJ are truly the Peoples Republic of_______.

Andrew Sacco 04-01-2022 12:33 PM

I don't wonder Mike. This state is just awful in so many ways it's indescribable. If I didn't live here I wouldn't step foot here.

Ken Burgess 04-01-2022 04:20 PM

We moved to western Florida And are very happy here. However I do miss grouse and geese. Laws in NY are made by legislators who have no idea what life is like north of the city.

Tom Pellegrini 04-01-2022 04:22 PM

Yes, New York is DEFINITELY NOT gun friendly. Yet it seems that a majority who attend Hausmans and the Rock Mountain always book rooms in New York. I don't get it.

Andrew Sacco 04-01-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini (Post 360270)
Yes, New York is DEFINITELY NOT gun friendly. Yet it seems that a majority who attend Hausmans and the Rock Mountain always book rooms in New York. I don't get it.

Because for all that PA offers, they forgot to build hotels and restaurants!!! And the fact is Vestal is a college town so the closest place to get those amenities. I think Mike should build "The Lodge at The Rock" and put in a steak house and poker tables. We'd be all set. Someone would find something to complain about even then I guess.

Jeff Kuss 04-01-2022 05:19 PM

Mike might need to put in a car wash also!

Bruce Hering 04-01-2022 07:51 PM

I left NJ years ago but still have long time school buds there. Most of them who hunted and fished as we did in our younger years have now bought property in Maine or PA or flat moved out in order to get away from the BS.

I am glad I stayed out here in IL although we have similar problems based in Chicago and Springfield. The libs are always lurking around waiting and yes, the legislature from anywhere north of I 64 are a bunch of duds for the most part..

Garry L Gordon 04-01-2022 10:21 PM

Andy, are there no hunting groups in your state to offer any resistance to this law? I fear that we might have the same fate in Missouri. I love our conservation department, but they would really like to move to non-lead for all hunting. I know that lead can kill birds, but so can power lines, tall buildings, herbicides and any other host of reasons, and we are to banning them. I have not seen any concrete studies that show that upland birds, beyond maybe dove coming from dove fields, are being significantly effected by lead shot. Anyone know of any?

Andrew Sacco 04-02-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 360291)
Andy, are there no hunting groups in your state to offer any resistance to this law? I fear that we might have the same fate in Missouri. I love our conservation department, but they would really like to move to non-lead for all hunting. I know that lead can kill birds, but so can power lines, tall buildings, herbicides and any other host of reasons, and we are to banning them. I have not seen any concrete studies that show that upland birds, beyond maybe dove coming from dove fields, are being significantly effected by lead shot. Anyone know of any?

There is opposition but this state is unlike any except maybe California in that it's controlled by the democrats in NY City and Albany. The numbers are so overwhelming that there's little chance to win an argument on the right.