Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Looking at a repro 12 ga (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38227)

James B Prudente 01-11-2023 11:39 AM

Looking at a repro 12 ga

I am looking at a 12 ga reproduction SST, 26” bbls, imp cyl/mod. Bluing very good, case coloring worn no flaking, wood a few safe and carrying marks. Everything appears original. Case and cover fine, no keys or paper work. It is a shooter and not a collector piece. Ideas on a price range will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Dean Romig 01-11-2023 01:46 PM

In my humble opinion.... $4k MAX

Heck you can get an original Parker in that configuration for $4k.....

Greg Baehman 01-11-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 379758)
In my humble opinion.... $4k MAX

Heck you can get an original Parker in that configuration for $4k.....

I would have to agree with you Dean — $4K MAX — maybe even ~$3.5K. 12ga. 26” SST Repros aren’t really in vogue nowadays, however; there likely will be a day when they’ll come around again.

Who was it that made the claim “Parker Reproduction guns were in every respect equal - if not superior - to the originals."? That is a bold and profound claim. Why would one want anything less?

Dylan Rhodes 01-11-2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Baehman (Post 379766)
I would have to agree with you Dean — $4K MAX — maybe even ~$3.5K. 12ga. 26” SST Repros aren’t really in vogue nowadays, however; there likely will be a day when they’ll come around again.

Who was it that made the claim “Parker Reproduction guns were in every respect equal - if not superior - to the originals.". That is a bold and profound claim. Why would one want anything less?

nothing 26" is in vogue right now. Which works out awesome for me and other people who love 26" guns. But I agree with everyone's assessment - I was following this market for some time while I was on the hunt for a 26" gun. Fortunately, an original made an appearance. 4k Max.

James B Prudente 01-11-2023 08:50 PM

Would an offer of $2.5K-$3K be reasonable for this configuration?

Dean Romig 01-11-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Baehman (Post 379766)

Who was it that made the claim “Parker Reproduction guns were in every respect equal - if not superior - to the originals."? That is a bold and profound claim. Why would one want anything less?

That may in fact have been me who said that Greg, or at least repeated it.

Dylan Rhodes 01-11-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James B Prudente (Post 379783)

Probably, if that’s what you are willing to pay. I’m not sure that anyone here is going to be able to assess an exact value. Personally, the amount I’m willing to spend fluctuates that much just if I like or don’t like the grain figure of the wood. As long as the price isn’t outlandish, I like it, I can afford it, i want it, and I don’t already have it, I buy it. No one in this group is going to ask what you paid, and no one is going to care. It’s a collectors group not a who got the best deal group. My 2 cents.

Edit: if the seller has 4k plus in their head, you would be the first example I’ve ever seen of someone getting it at 25% or more off the original asking price. Might as well not waste your time.

Dean Romig 01-11-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James B Prudente (Post 379783)

I wouldn't open the bidding with an insult... I'd start at $3k and be prepared to raise it if you really want the gun.

Greg Baehman 01-11-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 379784)
That may in fact have been me who said that Greg, or at least repeated it.

You may have said that and you may have repeated it, but it was David Trevallion that put it in writing.
https://shootingsportsman.com/parkerrepro/

Brian Dudley 01-12-2023 01:50 PM

Not that long ago, a gun like that would be in the $3k or less range. So your thoughts on an offer is in line if you want to get a decent deal.