Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Please help identify Parker 12 gauge (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6628)

Sherri Driscoll 03-14-2012 05:42 PM

Please help identify Parker 12 gauge

5 Attachment(s)
I picked up a Parker shotgun at Cabela's in Dallas this weekend. I have studied the identification information and photos on the website but I am still not sure what I have. I would appreciate any information/advice you can provide. It is missing it's butt plate/pad, so if anyone knows where I could find a replacement, I would appreciate that as well.

Sherri

Bruce Day 03-14-2012 06:10 PM

Sherri, the reason you could not find a match between your Cabelas gun and the guns shown on this Parker Brothers website is because this is not a Parker Brothers gun. I don't know what it is because I cannot enlarge the photos you submitted. I suspect it is one of the numerous similar name guns, made cheaper and in great quantity and imported from Belgium.

Sherri Driscoll 03-14-2012 09:44 PM

Thanks very much for the info. I was afraid that might be the case.

william faulk 03-14-2012 09:54 PM

Sherri,
Did the salesperson in the store tell you gun was a Parker ?
If they did,you should take it back..I've been in that store and was not impressed with the staff.
Bill :nono:

Sherri Driscoll 03-14-2012 10:09 PM

Yes, the salesman did tell me that it was a Parker and he even showed me some of the expensive Parkers in the Gun Library. I did not pay much, so I should have probably known that it was too good to be true. He did tell me that it was safe to shoot and now I am wondering about that.

Dean Romig 03-14-2012 10:17 PM

I would be highly suspect in the safety of shooting that gun.

I believe he misrepresented the gun by telling you it is safe to shoot....

Shoot what?? Did he mention any kind of ammunition he "thought" is might be safe to shoot?

I don't think it would be safe to shoot any of the ammo they sell in his store...

Rich Anderson 03-15-2012 08:09 AM

I would return it as missrepresented. If you bitch long and loud enough they will take it back. Stay focused and get your money back.

King Brown 03-15-2012 09:15 AM

You might tell Cabela's that you corresponded with PGCA concerning better identification than you were given by the clerk. PGCA told you straight-out that the gun wasn't a Parker and advised you to go back to the store because Cabela's wouldn't want its reputation damaged by misrepresentation. If a clerk isn't helpful, ask to see the manager.

Bruce Day 03-15-2012 10:02 AM

The gun may be a Parker, it may be stamped Parker as others are. Its not a Parker Brothers gun and the buyer was not aware of the difference. So what do you do when the buyer made a mistake or was not aware of the differences?

Mark Ouellette 03-15-2012 10:31 AM

The gun was misrepresented by the salesperson. Probably the salesperson did not have a clue...

"Yes, the salesman did tell me that it was a Parker and he even showed me some of the expensive Parkers in the Gun Library."

If the store doesn't happily allow a return then I'd call the Cabela's corporate headquarters in Sindey Nebraska. I've found the people in Sidney able to quickly grasp the long-term effect of a damaged customer relationship.

Mark